How do I delete map with no space?! — TomTom Community

How do I delete map with no space?!

lsrlsr Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I have a VIA 53. I downloaded a USA map for our holiday,now want to return to my UK map but cannot delete the USA without having my Europe one back on,yet cannot install my Europe one as not enough memory.
Help please!

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,351 Superuser
    Hi @lsr

If you add an Micro SD Class 10 card size 16gb or Max 32 Gb card and format on the device for Maps you will have space for both maps at the same time. I suggest you get a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major branded device as some of the lesser known cards have been known to have problems.

The above action has the benefit of ensuring you have 2 maps on the unit at all times. If during an Update of say your Europe Map and there is a problem you could finish with a Corrupt map or no Map. Because you would have the USA map on the unit you will be able to start and operate the unit as normal and reinstall the Europe Map. If the USA map was not there then you would be in the NO Map situation and the unit would not boot up as it needs a map and you would have to go through the process of recovering your device from the no map situation.

Doug
  • lsrlsr Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited October 12
    ok, so buy an SD card. Yey for more money spending :/ thanks for the help! :-) Its frustrating as I will probably never use the America map again!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,351 Superuser
    Hi @lsr

If you wait until Monday maybe @VikramK or @lampard may be prepared to add a small map to your account. If they will then you should then be able to delete the USA Map and reinstate the Europe map. The reason you cannot delete the map at the moment is the fact that the devices are designed to not allow you to delete all the maps from the unit because of the need to have a map to be able to be started.

The same applies re keeping the small map on the unit.

Have a look here on Monday.

Doug
  • lsrlsr Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited October 16
    Thank you!