App keeps asking for location service even though it's on — TomTom Community

App keeps asking for location service even though it's on

KellieParnisKellieParnis Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Everyone I open the app and wake my watch to sync data, I keep getting the error saying location service needs to be on, but it IS on.
I restarted the phone, I deleted and reinstalled the App, I unpaired the phone, now trying to re-pair and STILL get the location error.
It was fine 2 days ago.

Please advise.

Comments

• MauricevanastenMauricevanasten Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem here!
  • francesco276francesco276 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same issue. Has anyone got it fixed?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi francesco276,

Welcome to the Community!

I couldn't reproduce the issue on my Android phone for Sports App. If I turn off the location, the watch simply can't be paired with the Phone via Bluetooth. I would advise you to make a simple re-installation of Sports App and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of your device, see if the same behavior occurs.

Do you get the notification on phone to turn on the location services? What Android version installed on your phone?

Thanks, lampard
  • manmodernmanmodern Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    This topic has not reached a solution. App on my android phone is unable to move forward it keep asking for location services to be turned on while it is very much on. the android version I am using is DRA-LX2 1.0.0.160(C185). PLEASE HELP ME
  • manmodernmanmodern Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    manmodern wrote: »
    This topic has not reached a solution. App on my android phone is unable to move forward it keep asking for location services to be turned on while it is very much on. the android version I am using is DRA-LX2 1.0.0.160(C185). PLEASE HELP ME
    MY DEVICE IS RUNNER2
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi manmodern,

Welcome to the Community! Have you tried the reinstalling the App on your Huawei phone by removing the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of your device? It helped some of the users in the past.

Regards, lampard
  • medyk72medyk72 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    :s Same problem. Worked fine and one day decided to ask me about location service (it's on all the time). It became useless... Tracker bracelet. Reinstall with folder removing do not solve the problem. Phone - Galaxy S7.
  • RijkRijk Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I am using Galaxy S7 with Android 8.0.0.
    The app insists on getting access to location services in order to set up a Bluetooth connection. Why? This sounds like an invasion of privacy and makes the app useless next to other manufacturers.