Map of Europe got lost during TT Home update — TomTom Community

Map of Europe got lost during TT Home update

markotmmarkotm Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi there,

My problem is this: I noticed that I had only Northern Europe installed but I knew that I had the old Western Europe map in my Computer (going to Italy next week). When connecting, TT Home got a major update and after that it tells me that I have nothing, no maps whatsoever in my Computer. How can I get my map back…?

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,380 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @markotm

Welcome to the community!

I have reactivated the map for your device, could you connect it to TomTom HOME and check for updates, please?

Thanks
    Vikram
  • markotmmarkotm Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hey Vikram,

Thank You so much for trying to help. I don´t understand what went wrong…: when connecting my device to my laptop, I saw the map that you had reacticvated. Then I made a backup of my device (thought that would be the WISE thing to do)and after that the map You reactivated was disappeared??
    I also see (using my Computers "find" command) that I have the map in my laptop in a folder called "Europe-3" but tomtom HOME does not find it. Would it work if I moved the "Europe-3" folder somewhere…?
    Well, I had to buy a SD-card to get the reactivated map to fit in, BUT my device keeps telling me that it can NOT FIND THE MAP although when connected to laptop / TT HOME I see that the map is installed to the SD-card. Please advice...
    The reason why this is so important for me is that I have the driving instructions recorded with my son´s voice when he was 4 years old, otherwise of course this would not matter… and I can not get those voices to a new Navigator... and I am leaving to Italy day after tomorrow...
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,380 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Markotm

Could you try this-

Open Documents → TomTom → HOME → Delete the 'Download' folder

Reinstall TomTom HOME.

Once you have a fresh version installed, connect the device and click on the tab which says items on the device.

Do you see the Europe map installed?

Regards
    Vikram
    Yes, I see the map installed BUT I see it only in the Computer. When I disconnect the Navigator, the Navigator itself announces that there is no map to be found.
    I installed another map (USA & Canada) to the navigator´s internal memory and that seems to be working fine. So to me the problem seems to be that the device is not reading the SD-card…? (the map of Europe does not fit to the device´s internal memory so the memory card has to be used)
    I noticed once that I was asked if I wanted to install just a part of the map but after answering "yes" it did not show any selectable zones.

Oh my - my card is 64GB. The thought that card might have too much memory did not come to mind.
    Hmmm... it says that GO930 would work with 2GB SD card... that is not nearly big enough for the map... I try to find a bigger (but smaller than my 64) and try it.
    Now it loeaded the map of europe and all the speed cameras and started to load them all over again...and it seems that it will do that three times… really confused here… please see the Picture attached, there is 98 rows so it seems that everything is done four times.ee7ip74q064x.jpg
    I don´t know what it did nearly two hours but when it stopped loading / installing, it worked! Thank You Vikram so much for Your help, now I will be guided from Rome to Calcata by my 4-year-old:-)