Is longitude and latitude search supported on the GO Essential and GO Basic? — TomTom Community

Is longitude and latitude search supported on the GO Essential and GO Basic?

snailsnail Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
Hi, go basic 5 and go essential 5 do they both have longs and lats on them? And can they both use the old ball mount that sticks to windows

Best Answers

Answers

• snailsnail Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you for your reply, what I really want to know is do the go basic and go essential have the co ordinate facility on them, longs and lats, before I buy one on line, been to Currys and Halfords don't have one of these as a demo to play with
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,364 Superuser
    Hi @snail

As @yamfazman has indicated you can have Long/Lat on the device.

When you go into the search option the words Whole Mp appear top right and if you tap on that it gives you a list of search options such as Near me or In A Town etc and the last option is Long/Lat.

If you select that option you are then given the facility to input Long/Lat info for where you want. When you see that screen there are 3 examples showing the long/lat formats the device automatically recognises. The 3 examples are your current position if the device is locked onto the Sats and so knows where it is.

The Device will not tell you the Long/Lat for any position on the map, only where you are.

Doug
    Yes yes yes ive been using long and lats for years on my old start 20!
    What I want to know is does the go basic and go essential have the longs and lats feature in it's software!
    Have had TomTom before that did not include longs and lats in it, useless in europe
    Can't find a demo locally to try out and the staff are bloody useless, may as well be selling baked beans for the product knowledge they have!
    Thank you Doug for your help