TomTom home install puts in version 2..8, but then forces install of 2.20.1.1239 which will not run - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom home install puts in version 2..8, but then forces install of 2.20.1.1239 which will not run

Comments

• osborne123osborne123 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have exactly the same problem with my GO 530. It states a major upgrade of Home Client is needed but when it starts to load it states 'installation aborted' because set up not completed successfully. Re installed a new 2.11.8 version but this did not resolve the issue. I cannot load 2.20.1.1239.
  • Jopi1956Jopi1956 Posts: 34 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    @VikramK,
    with version 2.20 no more Quickfix and MapShare data come.
    There still seems to be a bug in the program.
  • byron1byron1 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Yes Thank you BillB123 , Alt F4 seems to work ok sometimes for me. However progressing on I then get an error to do with Maps reported on incident no 733975309.
    I am using Windows 10 64 bit. Any chance of an upadate VikramK
  • byron1byron1 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I have now tried revo-uninstaller. but the problem is just the same.
    Looking at the dialogue here this issue has gone on since July.
    I am thinking of changing my sat-nav but this issue makes me wary of another TOMTOM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,352 Superuser
    Hi @byron1

The current models do not use the Home software but My Drive Connect software.

If you get one of the Wifi models they do not need a PC to be updated etc unless you have only have wired internet connections available or the Wifi is slow. Tomtom recommend 30mbs download but you will get away with a little less.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,232 TomTom Moderator
    I have merged all the 3 topics into one so it will be easier for me to forward the reports and the associated versions.

Below are some inputs from our team.

If the customer has an EOL device and a Windows OS, if they have a 2.11.8.600 they will be offered to update 2.20.2.1257

If the customer has a 2.20.1.1239 they will offered to install 2.20.2.1257.

If the customer is on a NON – EOL device and a Windows OS; if they have a 2.11.8.600 they would not be offered to upgrade to 2.20.2.1257

If the customer is on a MAC OS and a 2.11.8.600 or lower then 2.20.2.1257 or 2.20.1.1239 are not offered.

For 2.20.2.1257 customer should be able to download and install TomTom HOME upgrade. Once the installation is complete, the customer is able to update the latest maps in case they have an active subscription.

Could you please let me know which is the current version you have installed and for which version update do you see the critical update loop in TomTom HOME.

Thanks
    Vikram
  • MrSomewhereMrSomewhere Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »

I don't know about CycleCamp, but I'm having the same problem and I'm using Windows 10.
    Hi @MrSomewhere

Please see my comment above your post and let me know which is the current version of TomTom HOME installed and which version gets offered as a critical update.

Thank you
    Vikram :)
    I have 2.11.8 installed on my PC and it appears to be attempting to load critical update 2.20.2.1257. It aborts the installation.
  • FedtmuleFedtmule Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Hi

I have GO 910 (I surpose EOL device) and TomTom version 2.20.2.1257 running with Windows 10, 64bit. (My map is from current year - 2019)
    Tried full uninstall, re-install, with removing folder etc. (clearing installation) - nothing works. The TomTom program still dumps.
    I wonder why TomTom required this update, as it worked PERFECTLY before.
    Tomtom forcing dumps to customers.......

Regards
  • moleratmolerat Posts: 40 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited October 6
    Currently 2.11.8.600 installed. if I check for update it states Home is up to date. Connect my device and a pop up box for major update of client. Download the update and run it. Shows as verifying download then setup box shows. 2.20.2.1257. Starts to install then Installation aborted. The only way to close Home with the update window open is to open Task Manager and end task. Same with device both connected and disconnected. W10 64 bit.
    Hello molerat. This is exactly the same problem as I am experiencing with W10 64 bit.
    When are TomTom going to come up with a fix? Following their current fix guide just puts you in a loop with the fault unresolved.
  • jandfjandf Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi. I have exactly the same problem with Go 520. keep getting major upgrade required and when I download 2.20.1.1239 it aborts on loading. My tom tom will not pick up satellites without upgrade. Is this a ploy to get us to buy a new one. If so I will be buying elsewhere.
  • jandfjandf Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Sorry should have said tries to upgrade to version 2.20.2.1257 and then aborts. Will this be sorted quickly.
  • SideWinderSideWinder Posts: 21 [Master Traveler]
    Same problem here. Win10Pro 64bit tried to update to 2.20.2.1257 it self aborts install within seconds. even downloaded to PC (the .exe) and tried to run the exe standalone, same result. Home 2 ineffective now, just a loop. Win10 OS ver. 10.0.1832 build 1832 (latest).
  • ajsphajsph Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    when I try to connect my Rider Urban to Tomtom Home, it says download new version, but I can not complete the download. I need Tomtom Home to change my map zone
    edited October 11
    Hi @ajsph

Welcome to the community!

Could you provide me the below information, please?

1. Operating system on your computer- Windows or Mac
    2. Version of the operating system
    3. Version for the current TomTom HOME installed
    4. Which version gets offered as a critical update?

Thanks
    Vikram
    Operating system Windows 10
    current TomTom Home 2.11
    offered critical update version 2.20 2 1257
    regards ajsph
    Hi @ajsph

Sorry, I should have asked this before. Is it a 64bit OS?

Thanks,Vikram
    edited October 11
    Hello Everyone..

I am sorry for responding so late.

I have been gathering the different scenarios and reporting them to our team. We also want to get it resolved asap.

@jandf, Are you also using a Windows 10 OS(64bit)? I just wanted to re-confirm the present version of TomTom is 2.20.1.1239?

@SideWinder which is the current version of TomTom HOME installed on your computer?

Thanks
    Vikram
    it is a 64 bit, I have tried to remove Home and reinstall I still have the same problem
    Thanks @ajsph

I have merged your topic into an existing one.

Now I have created a ticket where our Dev team can track these reports and accordingly proceed with the investigation process.

We expect to have a solution soon. Unfortunately, I can't give you a time frame but I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks
    Vikram
  • CamperJoeCamperJoe Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    FYI
    This exact issue is also happening for Windows 10 32 Bit users.
  • moleratmolerat Posts: 40 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    VikramK wrote: »
    We expect to have a solution soon. Unfortunately, I can't give you a time frame but I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks
    Vikram

A simple fix would be to pull the forced update until it is sorted !
  • BluethroatBluethroat Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    OK, so I have an outdated TomTom One which I've been meaning to upgrade, but I just hadn't got around to it. I'm in the UK and have just been on holiday to Spain. Because of limited memory I had to change the map to the Spanish one before I went. That worked fine. Now I'm back home and want to change the map back to UK. However, it seems that while I've been away a new version of TomTom Home has been released. I'm not allowed to run the old version; I'm forced to install the new one, but it refuses to install properly on my computer. It goes through all the motions, but when I try to launch it the computer is unable to locate TomTomHOME.exe. I've tried installing several times, but always with the same result. The file just isn't there. So now my TomTom is just a pile of useless junk. There's hardly any point in me upgrading if I can't even run the essential software on my computer. Has anyone any bright ideas before I go to a different product?