Pop-up - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Pop-up

Comments

• John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 670 [Revered Pioneer]
    BrianE wrote: »
    Well, I'm going to tempt fate and say that I haven't seen the pop-up

Although I saw it a few times, AFTER you posted that, it now suddenly seems to have stopped (Hope I'm not "tempting Fate", either!).
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,363 TomTom Moderator
    Hello All,

The developers have temporarily disabled it for now, at least for the registered users.

Regards
    Vikram
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hello All,

The developers have temporarily disabled it for now, at least for the registered users.

Regards
    Vikram

Hi, @VikramK ,

Many thanks!

Would you mind if I suggest that they leave it permanently disabled?

Just my opinion, but I really feel it is counter-productive as it just irritates!!
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 506 [Exalted Navigator]
    John-Jay wrote: »
    No, it's regularly kept up to date. Did you go here:-
    https://www.cybertronsoft.com/

Yes, I did go there - but I couldn't find any mention of the "Pro" version!, just the "normal" "PrivacyEraser" version!!

Try this link then John-Jay:-
    https://www.cybertronsoft.com/products/privacy-eraser/
    I've just seen "the thing" again - it popped up before I had chance to sign in. Even pop-up blockers won't stop it and it is so annoying. A good way to discourage new people considering joining the forum I guess.
    Hi, @VikramK ,

The Pop-ups are back!!

Your Developers certainly did NOT disable it for long enough!!

Yes, I did go there - but I couldn't find any mention of the "Pro" version!, just the "normal" "PrivacyEraser" version!!

Hi, @BrianE ,

Yes, that was the Link where I found the "normal" "Privacy Eraser" version - NOT the Pro version that you had previously mentioned!

Back to being PESTERED about every TEN SECONDS!!!!
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,075 [Revered Pioneer]
    Do you have some extension or setting that is deleting your browser's cookies? I am having none of those problems with Win10 Firefox.

Hi, @BrianE ,

Yes, that was the Link where I found the "normal" "Privacy Eraser" version - NOT the Pro version that you had previously mentioned!

Just click on "Compare" and then "Upgrade" at the bottom of the page.
    4om2igb1ybj9.png

g7duldcexipr.png

vedun804205s.png

g7onh7v05r3q.png

tgold wrote: »
    Do you have some extension or setting that is deleting your browser's cookies? I am having none of those problems with Win10 Firefox.

I don't have any extension/settings that Auto-Deletes Coolies!
    @VikramK ,

Any chance of disabling this Silly Pop-Up??

Despite the fact that I ALWAYS tick "Do NOT show again", it usually pops up virtually every TEN SECONDS!!
    @VikramK ,

Any chance of disabling this Silly Pop-Up??

Despite the fact that I ALWAYS tick "Do NOT show again", it usually pops up virtually every TEN SECONDS!!

@VikramK ,

I repeat my Request!

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,363 TomTom Moderator
    edited September 26
    Hi John,

I have been using both Mozilla and Google Chrome(for the last week or so) and I don't find the survey showing up when using the forum.

I will still check this with our Dev Team but are you sure you don't have any add-on's within your current browser that could be causing this?

Thanks,
    Vikram
    Hi, @VikramK ,

I get the same results on 2 different PCs - although both are using FireFox (to the latest update).

Other than having Language Definitions (I use UK English, NOT American), I don't have any specific extensions running!

Regards,
    John

ps:-
    Even whilst typing this, if I want to check on something as simple as my FireFox version, it will not let me do it WITHOUT having to clear that IRRITATING Pop-Up!
    jjb
    I don't have any unusual add-ons in Firefox. What type of things were you thinking about?
    Can't you just turn it off? It's totally unnecessary.
    Can't you just turn it off? It's totally unnecessary.

Hi, @VikramK ,

I fully agree with @BrianE , just simply TURN IT OFF!!!

John-Jay
    ps:-

Yet again, I'm unable to complete a Post WITHOUT being disrupted by that silly. stupid & unnecessary Pop-Up!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,376 Superusers
    edited September 27
    Hi
    @BrianE
    @John-Jay

Are your Browsers set to Auto Clear the Cache and/or Cookies when exiting ???

ATB YFM
    Hi, @YamFazMan ,

No!

Nothing untoward on my Settings! Other than "standard" "Don't accept 3rd Party Cookies", nor "Advertising Trackers"!

Would add that this silly Pop-up is a recent addition (WITHOUT any Changes from me), it then went away for a couple of weeks & then suddenly re-appeared (again WITHOUT any Changes from me)!

@VikramK , did state that the Developers had stopped it, while their investigated, but it reappeared within an hour (hardly a conclusive investigation!)!

Currently it is impossible for myself to even complete my writing of a Post before I am, yet again, asked what I think of this Forum!

As I've said previously, how can TomTom believe that this is anything but IRRITATING (the "polite" version of what I really think)??

Whilst I'm obviously a "minnow", as a Contributor, when compared to the likes of yourself (et al), hence my absence will NOT be a loss - accordingly I'm seriously thinking about not bothering with this Forum, in future!

I can see NO reason why TomTom persists in this silly Pop-Up (certainly, every response that I have made is Thumbs-Down - which now must run into THOUSANDS of my Responses)!

Regards,
    John-Jay
    Just to add:-

On a number of occasions, I have shut down ALL of the TomTom Tabs within my Browser & have then deleted ALL of the TomTom Cookies.

After fully re-starting my Browser & then re-opening this Discussion Page, I find that I'm NOT suffering from thes Silly Pop-Ups.

Unfortunately, this euphoria is short-lived - after about an hour or so, these Silly Pop-Ups reappear with their usual veracity - approx every 10 - 15 seconds!
    edited October 7
    I'm keeping my "Fingers-Crossed"!!

The "Silly Pop-up" stopped "popping" late yesterday!!

Hopefully it has now gone forever!!

• AsprinAsprin Posts: 253 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited October 30
    I have tried:

Firefox
    WaterFox
    Opera

They all can not stop this POP-UP

All versions of these browsers are up to date.

I can not tell you how many times I have click thumbs down.
    They are getting a database full of negative feedback from all the users.

That is good feedback TOMTOM :/

Just tried Internet Explorer same crap............
    Hi, @Asprin ,

Eventually mine has stopped! I personally think there is something screwy with how TomTom keep the Account Records &, hence, I personally believe that TomTom need to resolve it on a "Account-by-Account" basis!

• Jim07Jim07 Posts: 3,357 TomTom Moderator
    Hi,

@aspirine, Maybe it's something relative to your cookies. Did you authorize them?

regards,

Jim