Bridge heights & new speed limits for HGV's — TomTom Community

Bridge heights & new speed limits for HGV's

k0imank0iman Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 25 in Map quality
I have the new Tomtom 6000 limited edn, Are you at tom tom likely to add bridge heights on the maps so that we can make our own judgment to go or not under the bridge, ie i recently routed to go north through blackwall tunnel but it tried to route me round when the tunnel is 13ft / 4 metres and my tom was set at 3.89 metres /12ft 9 inches & goes through easily, if the height was shown on the maps the driver can then make there own judgement. Can i also inform you that allot of your speed limits for trucks are also wrong, under the new regs all trucks can now do 50 mph on A roads, 40 on B roads,60 on duel carriageways & motorways unless a lower speed limit applies, ie in built up areas. yet my updated sat nav says lower speed limits on some but not all A roads and higher limits of 50 mph on B roads ie the B4455 fosse road - 50 mph when it should be 40 mph, and the A4071 sat nav says 40 mph when it is 50 mph ?

Comments

• TruckersimonTruckersimon Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    I too am disappointed the maps don't show bridges and weight limits. Even my ancient snooper s2000 does that!!!
  • robdevilXIrobdevilXI Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    k0iman wrote:
    I have the new Tomtom 6000 limited edn, Are you at tom tom likely to add bridge heights on the maps so that we can make our own judgment to go or not under the bridge, ie i recently routed to go north through blackwall tunnel but it tried to route me round when the tunnel is 13ft / 4 metres and my tom was set at 3.89 metres /12ft 9 inches & goes through easily, if the height was shown on the maps the driver can then make there own judgement. Can i also inform you that allot of your speed limits for trucks are also wrong, under the new regs all trucks can now do 50 mph on A roads, 40 on B roads,60 on duel carriageways & motorways unless a lower speed limit applies, ie in built up areas. yet my updated sat nav says lower speed limits on some but not all A roads and higher limits of 50 mph on B roads ie the B4455 fosse road - 50 mph when it should be 40 mph, and the A4071 sat nav says 40 mph when it is 50 mph ?
    Why would you like to see bridge height on the map? Map can have error. Read road signs! Low bridges are always marked early enough to avoid them. And many has alternative route signs if road is commonly used by hgv. Sat nav is just add on.
  • GfDaManGfDaMan Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I too would like to see restrictions . On the first day of use my 6250 directed my 14' 2" trailer under a 14' bridge in Manchester. Later in the day it tried to re route me around a perfecty good road. Asking my to turn around on a mini rounderbout with no room for the length of my vehicle. Being able to see the restriction on the map could explain or not some strange routing the sat nav makes.
  • Tracker21Tracker21 Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Regarding the new map update recently for my truck pro 620 ver 1035.9672 I’ve noticed if I put a higher truck height than 4.1m I get to avoid particular bridges on a dual carriageway that have the normal bridge height, not that I take any notice as the reroute is completely pathetic having me travel around the bridge wasting 40 minutes to get me back on the same road, just ridiculous, about time tomtom got there act together