Change map zones on my old TomTom Rider — TomTom Community

Change map zones on my old TomTom Rider

VarariderVararider Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
edited October 4 in RIDER
hallo!
I have An old TomTom Rider. I've updated maps, but i must chose just One region. How can I change regions and load other part of Europe, if I want to travel there?

Comments

• VarariderVararider Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Vararider wrote: »
    hallo!
    I have An old TomTom Rider. I've updated maps, but i must chose just One region. How can I change regions and load other part of Europe, if I want to travel there?

ANYBODY:::????
  • VarariderVararider Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    hallo!
    I have An old TomTom Rider. (2014 K4) I've updated maps, but i must chose just one region. How can I change regions and load other part of Europe, if I want to travel there? Is there any way to instal whole Europe?
    Tnx i. a.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 334 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Sorry, it is not possible to load multiple zones on the older Riders.

But as a workaround if you would be travelling with your laptop then you can back up a particular zone on your computer or laptop which can be installed again depending on your travel requirements.
  • tiljestiljes Posts: 228 [Exalted Navigator]
    You can load one zone, copy the map folder to your PC, then load another zone, afterwards copy the first folder back from PC to your TomTom. Then you have two zones on your TomTom, but you can't use them at the same time. You have to switch between them. So e.g. planning a route from the UK to Italy doesn't work in one go.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,336 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Vararider

Have a look at the video here to know more about changing the map zones: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034258/how-to-change-a-map-zone-using-tomtom-home/p1?new=1

Since your device's internal memory is 4 GB with no SD card slot, the full EU map (4.1 GB) won't fit on your device.

Regards, lampard