How do I make a complaint? — TomTom Community

How do I make a complaint?

GeraldineBGeraldineB Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Since one of the technicians took over my computer I have had some of my accounts accessed and some programs are not working or have gone

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,375 Superuser
    edited October 3
    Hi @GeraldineB

Can you tell us what happened and have you any website details. Our concern would be you have been on one of the scam websites.

The 540 Live with a serial's number starting WT is now considered obsolete so Tomtom do not offer support for the device.

Doug
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 629 Superuser
    I don't believe any TomTom technician would want to take over your computer.

Do you have a company name or website for the people who you've been in contact with?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,276 TomTom Moderator
    edited October 3
    Hi @GeraldineB

As dmulv rightly said it cannot be a TomTom support representative taking control of your computer to access accounts.

Which website did you visit?
    Which contact channel did you use?

There are fraud websites that pretend to be TomTom and try to offer support, see this discussion topic

Thanks
    Vikram
  • GeraldineBGeraldineB Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi it was a TomTom site as I did get the proper downloads to connect my tom tom. Such a worry he showed me Trojans and four others connected to my computer! I was so worried! I have now managed to get back my programs. He left his name and number on my answer machine. I will take a note of it and check. The software was one that I had never heard of before and can't remember but it was not as good as Norton.. Thank you for your concerns! x
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,375 Superuser
    Hi @GeraldineB

I think what @VikramK is suggesting is that Tomtom Employees do not connect to Customers Computers as part of their services.

The scam sites can look very like genuine Tomtom sites which they definitely are not. You would not be the first to have been taken in by the scammers as has been confirmed on this site.

I hope you have been able to get your PC back to normal mean while I would do a very thorough scan of it to ensure they have not left something there.

Doug
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,434 Superuser
    Hi @GeraldineB

As @DougLap said your device is no longer supported by TomTom and TomTom employees as far as I know they do not contact users this way. Be very careful.
    Can you put here the link of the website you have used?

The only software that can be used with your device is "TomTom Home".
    If you have installed and used other software this is not an official TomTom software. The trick of scammers is to make believe that the device is infected to take control of the computer and then ask for money. Do not give personal or banking information. You can not buy anything for your GO540 anymore.
    If you have installed any software other than TomTom home uninstall it and check your computer with your antivirus.
    Look at this official FAQ: Unauthorised TomTom support website scams

The official TomTom website: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/
    The official "TomTom Home" software: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/

TomTom official customer support UK:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact

For GO540 "End of Life": https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/p/2073

By phone, since your device is no longer supported by TomTom, wait until you have an official TomTom agent or choice # 1 of the voice server.
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Be very careful with the person who left you a message on your answering machine.

Regards.