GPRS Status shows Disconnected- GO 6250 — TomTom Community

GPRS Status shows Disconnected- GO 6250

itera1954itera1954 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
The traffic service is activated but the GPRS Status shows Disconnected.Hello. my 6250 navigator stopped showing traffic. What should I do? I did the reset. The power button held nothing helps. How can I solve the problem? I gave so much money for him and he does not work. I am very upset that Tom.WI FI disconnected deleted.serial number ZAxxxxxxxxx861

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks!

Comments

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,619
    Superuser
    Hi @itera1954

The built-in SIM cards of our devices use the 2G network.
    Look at this topic, maybe it could help you, the possible actions remain the same for a professional GO6250 Wifi device.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/fr/discussion/1117135/tomtom-5100-no-servces

Regards.
  • itera1954itera1954 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you, but I did it and there is no result. The traffic does not work.how to contact tom tom?maybe they have some e-mail through the site I can’t find the connection only help.for which I gave money ... for a piece of plastic....
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,619
    Superuser
    edited September 2019
    Hi @itera1954

Sorry for you that nothing worked. :disappointed:

You don't specify your country of residence in your user profile. "rf" I don't see which country it is?

List of TomTom customer service contacts by phone, the last number in the list is for countries not listed (International, in English).
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new

There is no direct email but a contact web page. Link for UK, at the bottom of the page you can change the country by clicking on the flag.
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact

Regards.
    my country is Russia. there is an email for Russia
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,452 Moderator
    Hi @itera1954

I have sent a head up to the customer service to investigate if this is a SIM related problem.

Someone will be getting in touch with you very soon.

Regards
    Vikram
  • razvinosrazvinos Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi all

I`ve got the same problem for the last 2 weeks and is driving me crazy . London without live traffic is very painfull after i`ve paid £350 for my 6250.
    What options have i got?

Thanks
    Hi @razvinos

Welcome to the community!

Have you already tried the troubleshooting steps on this FAQ-https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10316

If that does not resolve the problem then please get in touch with the customer service to review the SIM status and advise further.

Regards
    Vikram
  • GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 95 [Supreme Navigator]
    All week GPRS status "Disconnected" Germany and Switzerland. I start thinking about GARMIN. 500E for satnav and what? Nothing. Tried everything include support center.
  • razvinosrazvinos Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram

I`ve been today 2 times on the phone with someone from customer service and nothing changed. Done factory reset and nothing... Is it the end of TomTom as company or what? is something that we should know ? Should i start to invest in something else or continue to use Waze because it looks like someone forgot to pay the bill for all this built in sims.
    edited September 2019
    I think I found my problem. Maybe it a faulty charger. The current of the original tomtom charger is 4.60V 300-500mA and when I put the satnav into the holder , it immediately lose the connection. Then I change the charger with different one and current now is 5.07V 280mA and connection is established. For now 4 hours driving have no problems.
    Unfortunately the problem remains. GPRS status disconnected. On battery or in holder... nothing. 3hrs work fine and suddenly lose connection and never establish no matter how many times will reboot or change supply. Soon I will say... bye bye Tomtom
    thanks for wow help.contacted me sent them a number GPRS .drove two other countries I thought that earning. but it doesn’t work. I am very upset that I spent the money.and not satisfied Tomtom
  • fergussionfergussion Posts: 76 [Supreme Navigator]
    @itera1954 would depend on in which country you have traveled. Check out the coverage for traffic.
    D/HL/FR/PL/ES GPRS status disconnected.
    I have the status of the GPRS is disabled and the version of the GPRS is lower 16.01.202.I have no numbers anymore.and support is silent and there is no more help.I just threw money for a piece of plastic.the whole problem, I see that the sim card has stopped working.because she is an old standard 2g. and Tom Tom knows that, but continues to deceive customers
    Hi @itera

I have sent a heads up to the customer service to pick this up on a priority.

Thanks
    Vikram
    edited October 2019
    Staff Account (Sxxxon D. (UK)) via channel 'E-mail' 17/09/2019 05.55 PM Dear Customer, The reference number for your query is 190918-xxxxx.

Thank you for contacting us! My sincere apologies for the slow reply. As the initial email was sent to our PR Team which took longer than expected to reach the correct channel. I understand by your e-mail that the traffic on your device is not working and the GPRS status disconnected. Firstly we apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. In order to resolve the issue I would request you to kindly help me with the GPRS code for us to investigate further. I look forward to your response. With Kind Regards,
    TomTom Customer Relations Team

thank. but they’ve been a month and no help the navigator as it was a piece of plastic remains ... it does not work and I think it will not work anymore

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
    6250 is one peace of plastic. Germany Switzerland... GPRS Disconnected. No answer here. No answer from support center. 4 months..... still nothing.
    your navigator continues to not work.I spent my money to work.I want to return your navigator to nobody you need and return my money.I received no help from you.return my money.Tom tom is the worst company in the world.I will say this in all forums and make videos in the you tube
    I had the same problem. a disconnected antenna inside the device failed. Now it works without a problem.
    I had the same problem. a disconnected antenna inside the device failed. Now it works without a problem.

and how did you connect the antenna
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,385
    Superuser
    Hi @itera1954

This is what he said at the time.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1676378/#Comment_1676378

Have a look at all he posted there as well.

Doug
    I disassembled the navigator, cleaned all the contacts with alcohol. does not work.the problem is still in the sim card.the volume has completely stopped responding to my requests for help; I am very dissatisfied with this company
    NO!!! Again. GPRS Disconnected :'(:#