Ok I have TT go 6100 — TomTom Community

Ok I have TT go 6100

OscOsc Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Had a message come through saying map update ready for your Tom Tom .so went on line did up date now nothing the thing no longer works .rang Tom Tom and she said to send it back to them at a cost of £105 to put right ???????? It was fine befor the update why should I pay ???????? Never buy Tom Tom again

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,165
    Superuser
    Hi @Osc

Does the unit display No Maps found. If not can you. Advise what you see when you turn it on.

Also have you got an Extra memory card installed and if so what size is it. Also how many and what maps did you have on it.

Doug
  • OscOsc Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    When on it says connected to computer no card but have tried with one but plenty of space on Tom Tom still when it said map down load complete
    Superuser
    Hi @Osc

The GO 6100 only has 8gb of internal memory and that is now not enough to hold the Full European map as we'll as the operating software etc.

Have you any map on the device at all. If you have no map it will not start at all.

Doug
    No map at all although it says sw map installed with 32 gb free
    Superuser
    Hi @Osc

Firstly could you try taking out the Extra memory card. and see what happens if you restart the Device..

If necessary look at the following.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

Lets know how you get on.

Doug
    Done that no good