MyDrive Connect not downloading POI files to Rider 400 — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect not downloading POI files to Rider 400

MikeStratMikeStrat Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited September 2019 in RIDER
Looking for help here. I'm experiencing a perplexing problem with POI files not downloading from MyDrive Connect to my Rider 400.

With the Rider 400 plugged into my computer and connected to MyDrive Connect, I used Tyre software to update an existing POI file and to create a new POI file. While still in Tyre, for each file, I then clicked on "Copy to TomTom" and each time a message happily stated that "This file has been copied to your TomTom (MyDrive)". In the TomTom MyRoute Planner, I then saw that the new POI file is now listed, as it should be. So far, so good.

But wait a minute! Here's the problem: On the Rider, itself, the new POI file is NOT there and the edit to the previosuly existing POI file did NOT take affect! I tried soooo so many times again and again, over the course of several days, including restarting and signing out, but to no avail. I'm now stumped!

One might guess that the Rider might NOT have actually been connected to MyDrive Connect. However, I went deep into the settings menu on the Rider and verified that the Rider was indeed connected on each date of my various attempts. This would also indicate that the cable is ok.
Settings -->System -->About -->"Last connected to MyDrive Connect"

I also verified connection to MyDrive Connect here:
Menu -->Settings -->TomTom Services -->Network Status: Connected

Anywho, it would be very much appreciated if anybody here can shed some light as to why MyDrive Connect is not downloading the POI files to my Rider and what I should do.

Thank you much.

Mike

P.S. I didn't check if Routes would download, but I'm guessing it would be the same problem.

P.S.S. There's plenty of remaining storage on my Rider: 7.41 GB internal memory

Best Answer

• MikeStratMikeStrat Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Problem solved! POI files and edits now download from MyDrive Connect!

The solution was a simple uninstall and reinstall of MyDrive Connect on my computer. I then also had to sign back in with my email and TomTom password, both in MyDrive Connect AND on the Rider 400. I can only guess, now, that either MyDrive Connect was messed up on my computer, OR that I was somehow signed out on the Rider. One way, or the other, I can now get on happily with planning my fall foliage rides! I hope that this might help someone else.

Mike

Answers

• MikeStratMikeStrat Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Problem solved! POI files and edits now download from MyDrive Connect!

The solution was a simple uninstall and reinstall of MyDrive Connect on my computer. I then also had to sign back in with my email and TomTom password, both in MyDrive Connect AND on the Rider 400. I can only guess, now, that either MyDrive Connect was messed up on my computer, OR that I was somehow signed out on the Rider. One way, or the other, I can now get on happily with planning my fall foliage rides! I hope that this might help someone else.

Mike