Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 101 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• damonwdamonw Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi is it possible to downgrade the Firmware on my Spark 3 device to Version 1.3.255. I upgraded just the other week excited for new features but since then my watch frequently crashes and becomes unresponsive
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,336 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @damonw

Can you please first make a factory reset in recovery mode on your watch? Once this is done, please give it a test run and hope this improves the situation. The version 1.3.255 only helps in some cases where the watch develops battery issue after upgrading to 1.7.64

Regards, lampard
  • alexanderbarberisalexanderbarberis Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi, i want to downgrade the Firmware on my Spark 3 device to Version 1.3.255. I have battery issues.
    I already did the Factory reset in recovery mode
    @alexanderbarberis make a factory reset on you watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

Cheers, lampard
  • EumeAltoEumeAlto Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited September 10
    Hello, @lampard. I have a TomTom Runner 2 Cardio. The battery in clock mode still has a normal duration, but as soon as I use it for running, the empty battery screen appears after 2 or 3 km, coinciding with the vibration per lap. The funny thing is that once he stayed with the empty battery screen but vibrating continuously for half an hour. Lol!!!! Do you think a return to version 1.3.255 will solve the problem?
    @EumeAlto This is probably the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version version won't help as the watch linked to your account is two plus years old. But make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

Regards, lampard
  • PecosPecos Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, after installing the firmware version 1.7.64 I started facing serious battery drain issues. Factory reset didn’t fix the problem. Is it possible to downgrade to 1.3.255 and see if this helps?
  • EumeAltoEumeAlto Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    @EumeAlto This is probably the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version version won't help as the watch linked to your account is two plus years old. But make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

Regards, lampard

Unfortunately you were right. The downgrade had no effect. I opened the clock and I could see how the battery was swollen like a balloon. I will try to buy a new battery, and in the meantime I would like to have my account reconnected to the upgrading to 1.7.64 version Thanks!
    @Pecos I've put you on the old version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Also, note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

@EumeAlto Sorry to hear that! The latest version 1.7.64 will be offered to you in Sports Connect now.

Regards,
  • HoltwayHoltway Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello
    Have a forerunner 2 and 40 mins into my ride this morning battery died, was on charge all night. Seems its a common problem from reading this post. How do i do a factory reset?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,828 Superusers
    Holtway wrote: »
    Hello
    Have a forerunner 2 and 40 mins into my ride this morning battery died, was on charge all night. Seems its a common problem from reading this post. How do i do a factory reset?

Do you mean a Spark 2? Forerunner is a Garmin product.

@tfarabaugh
    Yes sorry i do mean spark, but not sure which model it is, as it has music, multi sports with heartrate monitor, so might be the spark 3?

• folivafoliva Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Dear Mod, I'd like to downgrade my firmware too; pls grant my user access to an earlier firmware version. Screen freezes during transitions and at times while running screen shuts off (tracking seems to be taking place in background)

Already tried factory reset in recovery mode to no avail. Currently running my Spark 3 Caridio Music on firmware 1.7.64.

Thanks.
    @Holtway @foliva Please make a factory reset on your watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. Give it a test run and see if this improves the situation!

If this doesn't help then it be the case of depleted battery as the watch linked to your account is 3 plus years old.

Regards, lampard

• HbrunoHbruno Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi, im very sad with my spark3, 48 hours battery

i´ve performed many factory resets , and still no luck

how to rollback my software?
    lampard wrote: »
    @Holtway @foliva Please make a factory reset on your watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. Give it a test run and see if this improves the situation!

If this doesn't help then it be the case of depleted battery as the watch linked to your account is 3 plus years old.

Regards, lampard

Hi Iampard, I have done a factory reset and no change in terms of battery life. I will source a new battery as others appears to have done and see how that goes. However, how do I now update my firmwear back to the latest level, as its clear that this is not the reason for poor battery performance so would like to put it back to access the improved options? I have already connected it to tomtom sports connect however it does not automatically update? Please advise.
    Thanks
    Wayne
    My battery runs out in about 1 day of only watch use without even using it to record exercise data and/or using GPS.Any ideas or help out there or just discard the whole shabang?It is only ~2 years old so I am quite disappointed!
    @Di Ro Your watch has the version 1.3.162 installed on it. Can you please first make a factory reset on your watch and then check for the latest software update (1.7.64) in Sports Connect. Install the latest version and give it a test run to see if improves the situation!

@Hbruno I've put you on the version 1.3.255 and it'll be offered to you in Sports Connect after performing a factory reset on your watch. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts.

@Holtway Wayne, I can see the watch already has the latest version 1.7.64 installed on it.

Regards, lampard
  • Killer987Killer987 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, I want to downgrade the Firmware on my Spark 3 device to Version 1.3.255. I have battery issues.
  • VenkiwaranVenkiwaran Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi lampard, I have been having the battery drain issue with my Cardio Runner. I have reset the watch to factory settings many times and it hasn't helped solve the issue. Please downgrade my firmware to 1.3.255. Thanks.
    @Killer987 This can be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version won't help as the watch linked to your account is two-plus years old. But make a factory reset on your watch and version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Give it a test run and see this improves the situation for you!

@Venkiwaran Your account is linked with the 1st generation of Runner watches for which there is no way to roll back the software. Unfortunately, It might be the case of a depleted battery and performing a factory reset can help.

Regards, lampard

• quimilloquimillo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    My software version is 1.7 64
    Any recommendation.?
    Thanks in advance!
  • jebodibojebodibo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi , I have been having the battery drain issue with my Music Cardio Runner (2017). I have reset the watch to factory settings many times and it hasn't helped solve the issue. Please downgrade my firmware to 1.3.255. Thanks.
  • marcello9522marcello9522 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello @lampard ,

Can you also please rollback my firmware (Runner). My battery has been draining quite quickly.

Syncing and night mode are off and have done a reset but no improvement (the battery is new).

Thank you.
    @jebodibo I've put you on the version 1.3.255 and it'll be offered to you in Sports Connect after performing a factory reset on your watch.

@marcello9522 The watch linked to your account is Runner (1st generation) for which it is not possible to rollback the software version. Probably, the case of a depleted battery.

Regards, lampard
  • jebodibojebodibo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    thank's a lot!
    Regards