Go 1005 very susceptible to loosing satellite signal. — TomTom Community

Go 1005 very susceptible to loosing satellite signal.

When travelling and using the Tom tom it is very susceptible to loosing the GPS signal, sometimes for just a few seconds but can be up to two or three minutes. Very frustrating as it often happens just when you need it at a junction etc. The unit is always used in the same vehicle and this has only started to happen since updating to the latest software. Otherwise the unit works perfectly. Can anyone shed any light on this very annoying problem?
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,196 Superusers
    Hi
    @Madge12

Driving around is no use at all... The device need to be stationary for the First Fix satellite lock....

Important... Whats the NavKit version on your device ??? in Europe its 12.075
    To check NavKit version....
    From the main menu
    Tap (Settings)
    Left Cursor once for next page
    Tap (Me and my device)
    Tap (About my device)
    Second line... App Version
    Follow on-screen prompts to exit

A Drum-roll Soft Start can help....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1648815/#Comment_1648815

If your still struggling to get a GPS Fix
    Try.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1648823/#Comment_1648823

ATB YFM
  • Madge12Madge12 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Hi YamFazMan,
    Thanks for your reply. I've checked the NavKit version and it's 12.075.
    Perhaps I didn't make myself clear in the original post. The unit doesn't have a problem locking onto a GPS signal after switch on when the vehicle is stationary and a route is planned. Everything is good and we set off but it will completely loose the signal from time to time, sometimes for a few seconds but can be a couple of minutes. It always finds a signal again and picks up the route without any intervention from me. Very frustrating when driving and relying on it for directions. i
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,196 Superusers
    edited September 24
    Hi
    @Madge12

Have you changed your car ??? has it got a Metallized Heat reflecting windscreen, this can kill the satellite signal dead
    Some Cheapo Dash Cams have poor RF Shielding, the stray RF can also reduce the satellite signal
    Is the device set low down On or Behind the dashboard

ATB YFM
  • Madge12Madge12 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, no its in the same vehicle it always has been, a Fiat Ducato camper and is mounted on the dash in the Fiat factory fit mount. In the past it has always worked perfectly with no issues at all. Cheers Paul.