Tomtom Go Premium 6 - Use of traffic in the United States?

BubbaG
BubbaG Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
Hi...

From what I understand, the always connected traffic feature for a Tomtom Go Premium only works in most European countries.

Since it has worldwide maps, is there a way to get traffic in the United States? Is it for instance possible to switch to Smartphone connected even though it's an always connected device?

BubbaG
Tagged:

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Registered Users, Administrators Posts: 13,133
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @BubbaG

Welcome to the community!

Always connected or smartphone connected- TomTom Services will only work in the region where the device was purchased.

If you have an European model then the services won't work when you are travelling in US.

Regards
    Vikram

Answers

• BubbaG
    BubbaG Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited September 2019
    miketorcy wrote: »

Hi...

Thanks for your reply, but the device is from what I can tell it's not compatible with the TMC cable. I'm also not certain if you'll get the up-to-date, down-to-the-inch fabulous traffic updates with the cable that the Live Tomtom Go devices offer when they're connected via SIM.

What I'm looking for is the near real-time traffic updates that you get when using your always connected device (and presume Smartphone connected devices as well) - at least when bough in, and connected in Europe.

BubbaG
  • VikramK
    VikramK Registered Users, Administrators Posts: 13,133
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @BubbaG

Welcome to the community!

Always connected or smartphone connected- TomTom Services will only work in the region where the device was purchased.

If you have an European model then the services won't work when you are travelling in US.

Regards
    Vikram