MyDrive Connect application stuck on - CHECKING -Go Live 1005 cannot update — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect application stuck on - CHECKING -Go Live 1005 cannot update

I have downloaded my latest maps and using Tom Tom Connect but it shows as connected but is stuck on 'checking'.
I have uninstalled and re-installed Tom Tom connect but to no avail same thing, itjust says stuck in checking.

So I tried updating with Tom Tom Home but even after logging in and connectiong my device it insists it is not connected even though Tom Tom Connect is showing it as connected. I've even tried a different cable but with no success.

I have had this issue now for over a year and un-instsalling Connect and re-installing has worked before but now it doesn't and Home never works. If I can't find a solution I'm going to scrap the Tom Tom and will be buying a Garmon or other device. Shame as I have been a Tom Tom customer for many years having several of their devices which I thought were the best.

So, can anyone help...please?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,606 Moderator
    edited September 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi pompeyexile

Sounds more like a connection issue here. Nothing in the background logs that could be causing this.

Reasons-
    - Anti-Virus or Firewall
    - Use of network which has restrictions.

As a work around I would suggest that you try updating your device on a different network or computer which has less restrictions.

Read more

Thanks
    Vikram :)

Answers

Hi @pompeyexile

I have asked our 2nd Line team to run a script in the background that will clear some pending logs.

First, clear the cache in MyDrive Connect

anys1zth60gc.png

I would want you to do a soft reset then connect it to MyDrive Connect and check for updates.

Note: TomTom HOME is not compatible with your device GO LIVE 1005

Regards
    Vikram
  • pompeyexilepompeyexile Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Vikram,

I have un-installed Tom TomHome.

I have done partial (soft) reset on my device.

I opened Connect and waited for the downloads to complete. I then reconnected my device (after eight attempts when my device was showing as Connected but connect said it wasn't) then after the downloads completed it went into checking mode and had done that for over an hour. Disconnected and tried again, reconnected but again all I am getting is 'Checking'. So my device is still not updated even though it says it is connected.
    Third day and I have uninstalled Connect and re-installed it. I have reset my TomTom and still all I get is 'Checking'. Connect shows my unit is connected, my unit shows the computer symbol on the screen confirming it is connected but nothing I do seems to work and I am unable to update my maps even though I have paid for them. Now, either this is a fault with my unit, my computer (even though everything says they are connected) or the TomTom programme, and as it seems many other TomTom users are having the same issue, I would guess it is the latter. Whatever the bug is, surely if we can send robots to Mars a glitch like this can be sorted. Now I don't know if the new and latest TomTom models suffer from this issue, (my older model certainly didn't) but considering after looking at your forums how long this problem has been going on, one can't help but suspect TomTom's attitude towards their loyal customers is not reciprocated.

As I have said, I have been a TomTom user for well over fifteen years, but now it seems I will have to go to another make that I can rely on.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,045 Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Hi @pompeyexile

From what I can see in the back-end, you might've clicked on the 'Update All' button which actually queued more than 80 updates for your device in MyDrive Connect. Also, you only have 600 MB space left on the device due to which the download didn't process at all and stayed as it is.

I've now made some changes to give you the fresh start to download the updates one by one and also, created the space for latest map of UK on your device. To apply these changes, you again need to follow the steps mentioned in the link here. I know you already tried this but whenever we make changes in the back-end, this procedure is necessary to apply those. (After step 8 in the link, device will say 'updating' and then reboot automatically)

Once this is done, please check for the updates in MyDrive Connect. Whenever more than 1 updates are offered by MyDrive, then please update these 1 at a time, not all together. Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed. Best order to update 1 by 1: (if offered)
    • QuickGPSfix / Navcore (if these updates are offered, they cannot be de-selected)
    • Map
    • Speed Cameras
    • Voices
    • Mapshare update (recommended to update last)

Hope this helps! 🤞

Regards, lampard

Hi Lampard,

I have followed your instructions to the letter but to no avail. My Go Live 1005 simply sticks on checking and will go no further. I have even tried a different cable but it has made no difference.

Both Connect and my unit show as being connected, it goes through the process of re-downloading the new items (GPS fix, latest UK map and updated cameras) I am only picking the GPS fix to load onto my unit first, but as I said it then just sticks on 'Checking' and I have left it for about 7 hours. I have now tried this about four times since your response.

The only one thing which is different is that the first time I tried using your instructions my unit reset by a long press of the on-off button as instructed. However, after several attempts it no longer resets but just turns immediately on. I have also done a factory reset of the unit hoping it would clear it of everything enabling it to start afresh but again to no avail.

Does this mean my unit is broken and if so, do I get a refund for the money I paid for the map updates as obviously there will cone a time when my TomTom is of no use as it will not be accurate map, camera wise and along with GPS fixes that can't be downloaded either, cannot be relied on.
    edited September 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi pompeyexile

Sounds more like a connection issue here. Nothing in the background logs that could be causing this.

Reasons-
    - Anti-Virus or Firewall
    - Use of network which has restrictions.

As a work around I would suggest that you try updating your device on a different network or computer which has less restrictions.

Read more

Thanks
    Hi Vikram,

AT LAST!!!!!

I turned off my windows defender firewall and my Go Live 1005 is updating. Hoozah!

However, one question. I've always had my Windows defender on and both Connect and TomTom ticked for both public and home to allow them through. So why is this suddenly now not working? Is it a Windows 10 issue you are aware of? One other thing. I do have a Nord VPN as well ,but I did turn this off but it made no difference. Just turning off Windows defender has done the trick. It's a bit disconcerting though having to turn off the firewall every time I want to download any TomTom updates. Sort of defeats the object of having a firewall.

Thanks again for your prompt response.
    edited September 2019
    Wow!! =)

Great news that!

Frankly speaking the reason is unclear to me as well ;) I find Microsoft rolling out frequent updates and security patches which could change the underlying configurations. But this is just a guess, I have never had issues on my laptop running Windows 10.

When you are satisfied that your question has been answered then please mark the relevant reply as a solution. Perhaps other users looking for help in a similar situation would find it helpful =)

Thank you,
  • FieryDragonLadyFieryDragonLady Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    So I received an email with an offer for new speed cameras , but when try to update just like everyone else keep getting Your Device is not responding on PC but my TomTom says "Something has gone wrong. This service is temporary unavailable. Please try again later". I have to say this is not good service, sending out email offering updates when it is obvious there is a problem that TomTom is aware of and not fixing