GPS co-ordinates on GO 620 — TomTom Community

GPS co-ordinates on GO 620

Old_DBOld_DB Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Why does Tomtom not have the ability to display GPS co-ord on screen...??? This would be very handy for knowing wher yo are particularly in the remote areas of Australia....
I for one would like to be able to display these as I am a "bushy" and often my Tomtom shows me way of a road or track ... with a blank screen and an position indicator in no mans land ... ??

Please explain ...!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,351 Superuser
    edited September 22
    Hi @Old_DB

On the Go 620 if the unit has locked on to the Sats

Tap Menu
    Tap Whole Map (top right)
    Scroll down
    Tap Long/Lat

The example Long/lat figures shown are your current position.

Doug
  • Old_DBOld_DB Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Doug
    My 620 does not appear to have that option … tapping on menu gives me a horizontal list of options ..
    top right of screen has a circle with pointer and if tapped goes back to map display
    none of hor. options gives gps option / info

Old_-DB
    Thanks for that … found it …
    though I would like it to be an option to display [on bottom of screen ] as a "normal" part of settings / display options ..

tried to put in as suggestion to tomtom but never got anywhere ...
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,351 Superuser
    Hi @Old_DB

If you click on a position on the My Drive map on the PC for a split second you see the Long/Lat.of the position. It has been suggested that that information is available for longer.

One thing you could consider is to put the Mapcode App on your phone..

If you open that and select the hybrid map you get a map similar to Google Earth and the position of the cursor, which is you location if you have location set on the phone, is given an Address, a Mapcode and its Long/Lat. The Mapcode given only works on Tomtom units and if you input the mapcode into search on your Device and accept the Search result the Tomtom will create a route to the position. Mapcodes work worldwide and are accurate enough to identify a parking bay in a car park. In the UK you only have to input DH.FX to be directed to the middle gate at the front of of Buckingham Palace.

In Australia if you input AU-NSW LS.LV it is a disabled parking bay at Moor Park Golf Club Sydney. You may only have to input the LS.LV as you are in Australia.

Doug
    Doug
    I am one of the few people who use a mobile phone for ONLY making phone calls and taking occasional photos.. and it is mostly at home and off except when I want to use it .. I have other devises for other things ..
    IF I need to get a gps info ,I now know where to go …
    Cheers