how can i talk with someone real about the lack of service — TomTom Community

how can i talk with someone real about the lack of service

The tom-tom website is not very user-friendly
there is no phone numbers to call for support
there is no email address to email for support
i am extremely unhappy with the website and the support overall.

i have an older TOMTOM
i wanted a new updated map
(1) I had to go through several screens and enter the serial number and TOM-TOM version information; verified the account, version, serial number, and status of the device.
(2) I was guided to another set of selection windows, where i chose my $49.95 map entered my serial number and version information and downloaded the new map. my account was dinged for the correct amount.
(3) I started installation, where i again had to enter the serial number and version information. The first step is deletion of the old map - where you have to confirm the serial number and version information and that you wish to delete the old map
***** as an information technology expert - i copied the old map off to a secure location first
(4) After the map was deleted ; the next step began - with another request to enter the serial number and version information. The install began. I received an error - there was not enough room on the device would i also delete a few other things... (backed up and said yes)
(5) Again started the install - with another request for the serial number and version information. Again there was an error - not enough space for the new map.
(6) I chose to restore the old map - which began with another YES another request for the serial number and version information. Again an error - not enough space for the old map (What the heck!!!!!)
(7) so I manually attempted to restore the old map ... and after 16 hours .... it ran out of space.
(8) I then tried one last time to install the new map - and again had to enter the serial number and version. and this time - it would not allow me to go any further. I received a message that the serial number/version indicated the device was too old to install a new map.

arg.

So after 6 times - of entering the serial number and version information - i finally am informed this could not be done because the device was too old.

They took my money. (after checking the serial number/version information in order to send me the right file).
so it is FRAUD at worst and ignorant inability /poor support at best.

They had me spend hours of my own time and effort.

and finally after 6 times of receiving the same serial number and version information finally decide the device is too old?!?

I have tried to find an email address or phone number - but there is nothing i can find on their website. all emails to me during the process ... indicate ' you cannot respond to this email ' ......

does anyone have an email address or phone number? just like a scam - fraud situation - cannot find anyone in which to direct my needs.

Best Answers

Answers