GPS Fix Iphone XS / IOS13 — TomTom Community

GPS Fix Iphone XS / IOS13

kuj_dkkuj_dk Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello,
Updated Iphone XS to IOS13 yesterday, and new TT today. Have great problems getting a GPS-fix in TT, no problems with Sygic and Google Maps.
Anyone else have same problems?

Answers

• dmulvdmulv Posts: 629 Superuser
    You'll need to update your TomTom's software, then delete/re-pair your phone's Bluetooth connection

The updated software was only released yesterday... full details are in the post here.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,307 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @kuj_dk

Welcome to the Community! Are you using the GO Mobile App or the new GO Navigation App?

Regards, lampard
  • kuj_dkkuj_dk Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,
    It is the new GO Navigation App.
    /Kurt
    Hi Kurt,

Thanks for confirming this! I've not seen any reports about this and not able to reproduce as well. Perhaps, can you please check under Settings > Privacy > Location Services to see if it's enabled for GO Navigation app?

Regards, lampard
  • NickJ8NickJ8 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi Lampard, i am new to this forum but very loyal tomtom user (since 2004)
    I am currently betatesting the new Tomtomgo ios app (1.2 (213.2))
    I have the same problem regarding gps fix. It is very anoying, and only happens when i stop the car. Then fix is gone and navigation creeps foreward in the direction i supposed to go. Please take care of this, it started when i upgraded my XS to ios 13. thank you for looking in to this
    I still experience this fix problem.
    I have the problem when starting to navigate, the arrow stayes gray, and navigating do not start.

Kurt
    Hi @NickJ8 @kuj_dk

There's a new update version 2.0.3 available now for GO Navigation App, can you please download and test if it shows the same behaviour? Make sure to have location services enabled under Settings > Privacy > Location Services for the app.

Regards, lampard

Hello,
    I have tested 2.0.3, and behavior is the same.
    For fix i have to wait very long time.
    Kurt