Lifetime world maps missing on the Go 5100 — TomTom Community

Lifetime world maps missing on the Go 5100

Hi

I've recently perchaced a Go 5100. I'm struggling however to download the world maps. Can anyone point me in the right direction ? I thought they would have been pre intsalled.

Thanks

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Mortman

Welcome to the community!

I asked our team to make some changes in the back-end, and I would want you to do a soft reset and check for update in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,089 Superusers
    Hi
    @Mortman

To install some of the Large Maps from the World Map Collection you will have to install a Branded16GB or 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC card

See NAV4 Devices Catch22....
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1670583/#Comment_1670583

ATB YFM

• MortmanMortman Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited September 17
    Hi VikramK

How do I perform a soft reset? I’ve been in touch with TomTom over the phone today and I have been emailed these instructions below. I tried this but there’s still no world maps in my MyDrive account on my pc. What can I do next? I’m really disappointed as we’re going to Florida soon and the 5100 is advertised as having world maps installed.

Dear Mr.mortimore,

Thank you for contacting TomTom. The reference number for your query is 190xxxxx-xxxxxx. As discussed on the call, we have recreated your device in our system with the World map service and I request you to follow the below trouble shooting steps to activate the service correctly.

1> Perform a factory reset on your device.
    (Go to menu=>settings=>system=>reset device)

2> After the reset, without selecting any option re-start the device.

3> Setup the device and login on device.

4> Logout and re-login on the Mydrive Connect

5> Connect device to computer and Check for maps to download.

If you have any more queries, or would like to update me, please don’t hesitate to contact me via the link in this message and I’ll be more than happy to help.

With kind regards,
    TomTom Customer Care Team

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,203 Superuser
    Hi @Mortman

A Soft Reset is the following:-

Turn the GO5100 on and when it is working hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds or so until you hear the Drumroll sound then let the button go. The unit will restart.

Doug