Why can I not access Traffic? — TomTom Community

Why can I not access Traffic?

Renewed my Traffic subscription this morning. The PayPal payment went through, but when I connect my Trucker 6000 to my PC and log in to MyDrive Connect, this service still isn't shown as being available for installation.

The connection is clearly working, as MyPlaces and MyRoutes are synchronizing via USB.

Why would that be?

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,331
    Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Then see if the service is available.
  • Steve RawcliffeSteve Rawcliffe Posts: 13 [Master Explorer]
    dhn wrote: »
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Hi dhn,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already carried out not only several drum resets but also a complete factory reset. Just to be sure, I did try another drum reset, but it didn't help.

Whatever I do, the device shows "GPRS Status: Disconnected"

In Settings>About, I'm seeing:

GPRS Status
    Disconnected
    (20801,0,0,0,10,1)

Anyone know what the numbers in brackets mean?

FWIW this device has neither Bluetooth nor WiFi -- its only connectivity is via USB or GPRS.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,167
    Superuser
    Hi @Steve Rawcliffe

Contact customer support and askthem to check your account settings and the Sim.

Don't answer the questions but wait for an agent to answer.

France
    01 70 36 35 82
    du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30

Doug
    Hi Doug,

Yes, I think that's what I'm going to have to do. There's a long thread on the French-speaking forum about precisely this problem, and in about 2/3 of cases they reinitialized the SIM (or got the phone provider to sort things on their side) and in about 1/3 of cases the SIM had to be replaced. And since you can't replace the SIM without opening the case (which would invalidate the guarantee) that means sending the whole device back.

I think in every case where someone's device was displaying the same code as mine, the SIM had to be replaced :-( A total pain, as I'm leaving for a six-day journey on Tuesday, so can't be without the device.

Regards,

Steve
    dhn wrote: »

Hi dhn,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already carried out not only several drum resets but also a complete factory reset. Just to be sure, I did try another drum reset, but it didn't help.

Whatever I do, the device shows "GPRS Status: Disconnected"

In Settings>About, I'm seeing:

GPRS Status
    Disconnected
    (20801,0,0,0,10,1)

Anyone know what the numbers in brackets mean?

FWIW this device has neither Bluetooth nor WiFi -- its only connectivity is via USB or GPRS.

Partial answer to my own question about what the numbers mean ... I've now discovered that 20801 identifies the network operator, in this instance Orange France. But I'd still like to know what the 0,0,0,10,1 signifies.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,140 Moderator
    Hi Steve,

You're correct, first part of the error code is MCCMNC and the last two (10,1) represents CME Error. In this case, device is unable to communicate with the SIM Card integrated in the device even though it's installed correctly and needs to be replaced.

Regards, lampard