How to remove my VIA 135 from my account? — TomTom Community

How to remove my VIA 135 from my account?

I want remove a product from my account, ( go via 135) I have bought another satnav and want to remove an old one,
also if I sell it on will that person receive the free map updates associated with that machine, it has free life time map updates

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,567
    Superuser
    edited September 2019
    Hi @rickplant

You can do that with MyDrive Connect software.

The services are linked to the device not to the owner. To change ownership, remove the device from your account and The new owner will register it on his own account.

You, with your TomTom account, your device Not connected to the PC:
    1/ Remove the VIA 135 from your account with My Drive Connect. See the pictures below.
    ei0ctnm0h3kh.png
    4e3zty6bv7s5.png
    2/ Perform a Factory Reset of the VIA 135. This will restore it to its original state by deleting all your personalized menu settings and your personal data. Your latest updates, map and NavCore internal software will remain.
    In the VIA 135 ==> Tap the screen /Settings /Reset factory settings

3/ Turn it off, don't do the procedure of 1st start.
    Your device is ready for its new owner.

- - - - - - - -

The new owner, must create his own account and link the VIA 135:
    1/ download and install MyDrive Connect,see the FAQ link below.
    2/ Create a TomTom user account.
    - In the MDC software in the 1st page, in the "NO Account Yet?" use the green button "Create Account".
    3/ Log in to MDC with email and password.
    4/ Connect the device to the PC with the cable.
    5/ The device starts and displays the procedure of 1st start, country, language...

The VIA 135 is linked to the new owner's account and update services are enabled.
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/getstarted/p/2792

Regards.