FEATURE REQUEST: Integration with weather forecast (Buienradar) — TomTom Community

FEATURE REQUEST: Integration with weather forecast (Buienradar)

MIlan_GajicMIlan_Gajic Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
In the netherlans we have this app that uses sattelite images and your location to predict rainfaill in the next two hours. Most of time this works wery well; i only get wet maybe 5 times a year on my work commute. It would be awesome if this vould somhow be integrated in the TomTom rider:
- rainfall overlay
- navigation option "avoid rain" using the forecast to avoid that raincloud you would be riding under in an hour

Comments

• MIlan_GajicMIlan_Gajic Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Oh yeah:
    Rainfall graph next to the trip info line on the right side. =)
    g2zpkc3m9fbt.jpg
    yes, please
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,203 Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Hi @MIlan_Gajic

That is a good one!

We would need a dedicated weather application running in the background which will update this data real-time :D Of course, it's difficult to tell if this can be integrated with the present technology.

At the same time, we also need to be aware of the screen space as we don't want too many things to occupy the guidance view.

Adding this to the list of feedback ideas to be passed on to our Product Team.

Thanks
    Vikram :)
    Hello @VikramK ,
    The weather app could be running and updating on your phone, just as "Buienalarm" already is, and simply passing the information to Tom Tom via Bluetooth connection.
    As for the screen space, the graph could be made optional (expanded side panel view), and only an icon could be added to the timeline (like the gas station) to indicate predicted start of severe rainfall (maybe a threshold you could set).
    It's not always about avoiding rain. Sometimes you just need that warning that in 20 minutes you will be taking an abrupt left turn towards that black cloud you were mocking for the past half hour ;)=) so you can stop in time and get your rain gear.
    I will await an update in anticipation.
    Best regards,
    Milan
  • johnsondvrjohnsondvr Posts: 28 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    This would be a great addition. It would be really useful to be able to expand and contract the route bar to show rain levels and to have an icon for rain on the route bar that shows when the forecast is above a certain level. I agree that this should link in with an existing weather app or service. It would also be useful to have the wide route bar reveal if you tapped on the bottom of the route bar as a general feature option. There are times when I want the detail of the wide route bar but not all the time.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,203 Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Thanks @johnsondvr

Please keep the feedback coming, the more number of requests we get, easier for us to build a case ;)

Best/Vikram