Start 52 Lifetime maps - how long supported? — TomTom Community

Start 52 Lifetime maps - how long supported?

This satnav looks like just what I'm wanting (as a gift for a relative). I know it has been out for a while, though, and it won't be nearly as good when map updates stop. Any idea how long 'lifetime' means here? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• OldgpsOldgps Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks! If there's a problem using postcodes with that start I'll likely get the Garmin Drive 51 instead - similar price and better map update policy. Appreciate your help!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,554 Superusers
    Hi
    @Oldgps

I had a Ga*m*n once for a month :'( that was three weeks to long... I retuned it to the shop and exchanged it under their 30 Day Customer satisfaction guarantee.... I was fed-up with the weird routing poor Traffic and garish screen

Swapped it for a Tomtom... Now my 8 various Tomtom devices update the Maps 4 Times per annum... Plus As required... QuickFixGPS + MapShare + Speed cams + Any NavCore updates... All Good rarely have a problem :)

Try Googling Ga*m*n T&Cs....
    I find that the T&Cs for the definition of the Device being Out of Life, Maps size versus Memory size, the use Map zones or the supply your own Micro SD Card etc are similar to Tomtoms
    With Tomtoms T&Cs the more user-friendly of the two

ATB YFM
  • OldgpsOldgps Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks. What's a good budget (up to £100, with lifetime maps) Tom Tom nowadays, then?