GO 6250 & WiFi loop — TomTom Community

GO 6250 & WiFi loop

Not_dbroadaNot_dbroada Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have a Go 6250 professional with updates over WiFi.
I started the map update but couldn't complete it. This has left me with a device without a map and won't allow me to do anything before I download a new map. HOWEVER it has logged on to the wrong WiFi network and I can't break the cycle.
I select the map I want to instal, it says it is going to download the map but says
"Oops
Something went wrong. Please try again."
Holding the on/off button doesn't help.
I will not have access to my pc for a few weeks.
TIA, Dave

Best Answer

Answers

• Not_dbroadaNot_dbroada Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It has logged on to the network of the campsite I am currently at. This network allows access to a limited number of pages without a password but is password protected beyond this. I know that is the network I am on as I had pressed the connect button before I realised I hadn't set my password.

It is certainly not connected to my phone, I don't have one!

I was hoping that once I got out of the current network's range it would drop me back to a select network page so thanks for confirming that.
    Doug,
    Thank you. I can confirm that once I was out of range of that network I could select from others that are available. It's a shame it can't be disconnected without taking the device for a drive in case of finger trouble but at least i can get a map installed (one day).
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,374
    Superuser
    Hi @Not_dbroada

I assume you have had to drive away to disconnect from the Wifi as you are trying to resolve the problem with No Map.

Normally if you go to Wifi in Settings there is an option to Forget the Wifi connection and then you could log into any other Wifi that is available.

Doug
    Yes. The problem is that if you log onto a network that uses a 2 stage sign in, which many places have, you are locked in to that network until it is out of range. Obviously you should only be using known networks but sometimes accidents happen.

Thank you for your suppor.

Davet