GO 6250 slow to respond — TomTom Community

GO 6250 slow to respond

I find the touch screen very slow to respond - to the extent that i have to keep touching the search, for instance, not knowing if it has reacted. is this normal? Is there anything i can do to speed it up?
Tagged:

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,185 Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
  • darkroomdarkroom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    that seems to have helped. thanks
  • LordRomerLordRomer Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Drum reset didn't help me, I have about 50 favourites and put my own POI's on eg Key Fuels and Truck Stops.

Any advise for me?

Thanks
  • thomas_tricaricothomas_tricarico Posts: 77 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I hear your pain...and I too, have mentioned this before re the GO620. Slow as molasses...and not happy about that. Really dont get why it is Soo slow in response time. A really Downer and apparently no fix on the horizon.
    Don't try and do a quick setting/update, of a change in the direction..or anything related to a recent change while enroute. You would've passed the 'change' that you want to update, meters or klicks behind you..and then have to pull off the road to try a recapture what you already passed.
    A real pain............
  • markbell2410markbell2410 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It’s an old Tomtom issue. Before I bought mine, I commented on a Facebook sponsored post by Tomtom and specifically asked if this issue had been resolved (I vowed years ago to never touch another Tomtom device for this reason) and the response by the official Tomtom page assured me that performance issues were a thing of the past. It seems to me that the processor isn’t up to the job. They possibly ran their benchmarks on a Tomtom under no load. Mine reboots a lot. It sometimes reboots as it’s coming around from a previous surprise reboot. I’d have gladly paid an extra £50 to have a device that worked as I expect it to all of the time and not just when conditions are right. Thumbs down Tomtom. You lied to me
  • Jim1703Jim1703 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom Essential 6 (August 2019) . Seems absolutely no improvement in performance. For example, painfully slow from saying "Hello Tomtom" to it actually being ready to listen, and then shockingly poor voice recognition.

I thought I would give TomTom another go after being similarly disappointed with performance 3 or 4 years ago. Wish I had not bothered.

Performance-wise Garmin is far superior. If Garmin Digital traffic got better then it would be a no brainer to choose that rather than the current TomTom Lineup.
  • CJOCJO Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]

I find that if my finger is dry it is very poor in confirming my touch, I find that I have to dampen my finger and it works okay.
  • SkiingianSkiingian Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Just been tempted to try a TomTom 6250 pro after using Garmin. I cannot believe how slow this device is to respond, its painful its the most expensive sat nav iv bought and its like iv gone back to Sinclair 64, the first route i used got me to a single track road in a 14 meter coach, iv been sent into no entry roads, unto one way streets, and DKV garage in a housing cul de sack. also reboots at odd times and this is a slow process to get back to nav, looses signal very often in the most unsuitable place i.e London Paris
    I will be returning it for a refund as it is not fit for the purpose it is sold for.