Why are "Speed Camera alerts are no longer available for smart Media-System"? — TomTom Community

Why are "Speed Camera alerts are no longer available for smart Media-System"?

MikeBlobMikeBlob Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
edited September 2019 in Speed Cameras
The "Live Services extension - SMART" for £53.95 pa states the following services are provided for the price:

Get there faster with TomTom Traffic
Know the weather ahead
Search places around you and navigate directly there
*Speed Camera alerts are no longer available for smart Media-System

Does anyone know why the Speed Camera alerts are no longer available for smart Media-System?

Thanks.

Comments

• fergussionfergussion Posts: 65 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Several other posts where reports of speed cameras not working on the smart media systems, but no definite answer. Call customer support and ask for a clarification.
  • MikeBlobMikeBlob Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    I will attempt to call customer support as you suggest fergussion. I did find and read the other posts touching on the same question. As you mention, "no definite answer".

As it is my first day on this forum, can I ask if the TOTOM customer support team actually participate in this forum? Other forums I have been too have "experts" to assist at least, if not a paid customer support team, and so those who have access to finding out the official answer to things are participating.

Thanks
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 10,985 Superuser
    edited August 2019
    Info from this Thread in the german part of forum:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1600911/#Comment_1600911

Translated:
    Hello digodigo,

The radar cameras are not active at all, because the live services are running at this moment. You don't need these cameras because they are already included in Live servises.
    As for the speed camera updates, they are only OTA (over the air), there are no updates via MyDrive Connect.

For legal reasons, Daimler has decided to only deliver OTA updates in the following countries: AT, BE, CZ, DK, IE, IT, LUX, NL, NO, PT, ES, SE and UK.

Unfortunately I can check the status of the SIM card because I don't have access to it. If the live services do not work properly, you should contact your dealer.

I can of course arrange a refund for the radar detectors I have purchased.

• MikeBlobMikeBlob Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    Info from this Thread in the german part of forum:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1600911/#Comment_1600911

Translated:
    Hello digodigo,

The radar cameras are not active at all, because the live services are running at this moment. You don't need these cameras because they are already included in Live servises.
    As for the speed camera updates, they are only OTA (over the air), there are no updates via MyDrive Connect.

For legal reasons, Daimler has decided to only deliver OTA updates in the following countries: AT, BE, CZ, DK, IE, IT, LUX, NL, NO, PT, ES, SE and UK.

Unfortunately I can check the status of the SIM card because I don't have access to it. If the live services do not work properly, you should contact your dealer.

I can of course arrange a refund for the radar detectors I have purchased.

Hi Lochfrass. That is confusing isn't it? The post that you kindly supplied states "You don't need these cameras because they are already included in Live servises. " and yet the statement that I am querying is that when purchasing Live Service extensions *Speed Camera alerts are no longer available for smart Media-System

I can only think that the statement from your post saying that speed cameras are available in live services has been superceded by the new statement they issue when purchasing Live service extensions as of now... what do you think?

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 10,985 Superuser
    Hi
    sorry for the late reply, im mostly in the German Forum.

The sentence stemming from the fact that the user had bought the service Speedcams because live servises was not warned about cameras.
    Since Speedcams didn't work either he wanted a refund.
    It's sad that the service only does half as much as it promises.

Greetings from Germany ;)