GPRS disconnected on Trucker 6000 - Page 2 — TomTom Community

GPRS disconnected on Trucker 6000

2»

Comments

• GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 86 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Try with different charger (min2A) and away from electrical interferences such as dashcam and tollcollect..
  • TurboulitkaTurboulitka Posts: 27 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks! I know this)
    It takes only 0.98 A. 2 amperes too much...
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,849 Superusers
    Hi
    @Gazibarev
    Gazibarev wrote: »
    Try with different charger (min2A) and away from electrical interferences such as dashcam and toll collect..

The Previous NAV4 and Latest (NAV5 WiFi) devices are quite power hungry and can go into "Power saving mode" if not supplied with enough power
    Try using the Tomtom supplied cable and Tomtom supplied Power Adapter
    The Charger Adaptor and USB Cable supplied by Tomtom WILL run and charge the device at the same time

Many 3rd party Mismatched Charger Adaptors WONT run and charge the device at the same time
    See... It's not simply a power thing.....
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1182024/#Comment_1182024

When the device is In use they are designed to be always connected to a power supply
    The Tomtom supplied Power Adapter is rated at 5Volts 1.2Amps
    Even after you have recharged the device externally via a mains charger, when in use in the vehicle, they will still require being connected to a Tomtom supplied Power Adapter (Or a proven suitable 3rd party Power adapter)

(1)... Do NOT attach them to a dashboard USB port in your vehicle as they normally only supply 500mAmp (0.5Amp) and are for data transfer and not supplying power: See... Note (1) & (2)

(2)... Using a NONE Tomtom 3rd party underpowered or a mismatched cigarette lighter charger can cause the device to go into Power Saving Mode: See... Note (1)

(3)... On the Models with a built-in SIM, the reduction of power to the SIM can cause the dropping of the traffic info: Note (3)

Note (1)... At an (Undisclosed) percentage of battery discharge, the device will try to save its power requirements by dimming the screen and eventually powers off the device... Devices with a built-in SIM Card may also lose Live Traffic services
    Note (2)... A dashboard USB port can also fool a NAV4 Device into entering 'Updating Mode' and display the Connected to your Computer splash screen
    Note (3)... I tried connecting my Tomtom GO 6200 to my Cars USB port, checked the connection status it reports 'Connected over USB' --> 'GPRS (SIM) Disconnected'

ATB YFM
    edited September 2019
    Ok. I use only original (in box) charger.
    Question is when GPRS status disconnected ( im in Ukraine-no coverage zone) in menu about I dont see sim id and imei. Is this normal situation or not? They appear in coverage zone?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,849 Superusers
    Hi
    @Turboulitka

Actually the reply was to User Gazibarev
    I was supporting you... Saying you don't need a (Min2A) Power adapter
    You need the Tomtom Original or known Compatible power adapter
    It's not simply a power thing.....

ATB YFM
  • GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 86 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Yes. Is normal. You can see sim ID only when you are connected via build in SIM
    Thank you-YamFazMan and Gazibarev for your answers. B)
    I will be in the coverage area of ​​services, I will write the result. ;)
    edited September 2019
    One more question...

Today, my trucker 6000 disappeared from MyDrive Connect (my devices) and from the tomtom profile .... I added it again. Why is this happening?

And another one-

At the list of services in tomtom profile includes lifetime maps and lifetime speed cameras, but there is no lifetime traffic... Why?
  • logan2415logan2415 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    any help why does truck 6000 show gprs disconnected ive done reset of device but no luck ive just payed for a years traffic
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,008 Superuser
    edited September 2019
    Hi @logan2415

Contact Customer Support. Don't answer questions but wait for an agent. They can check settings at their end and advise you what to do.

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Doug
    thank u DougLap will give that a try tomorrow
    Can someone tell me if the sim card in truck 6000 will be deactivated if not used for a year customer support not very helpful still no traffic after a long phone call
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,813 TomTom Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Hi @logan2415

I see they have made some changed in the backend.

Have you tried to test the device on a planned route.

It's important that you activate the services on the device first.

Helpful video link-

Regards
    Vikram