Search (or sort) My Places? — TomTom Community

Search (or sort) My Places?

PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 377 [Supreme Pioneer]
Hi,

I have a small number (30) of saved places in My Places. I’d like to add more but there doesn’t seem to be a way of sorting or searching My Places so I don’t want to add any more as it’ll make finding places harder.

Am I missing a function, or can you not sort or search the places in My Places for a name it partial name?

Thanks,

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,044
    Superusers
    Hi
    @PrivateerUK

When using 'MyPlaces' menu you don't have to search down the long list of MyPlaces

Searching MyPlaces....

The MyPlaces appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen

Say in MyPlaces you have...
    Costa Worcester
    Costa Bromsgrove
    Costa Droitwitch
    Costa Bridgnorth

Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    If you Type say 'C' a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen
    Either continue to type 'Costa b' and the Costa Bromsgrove and Costa Bridgnorth outlets will display at the top of the list
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    Or
    Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    Then type say 'C' and a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen continue to type 'Costa
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and a full list of costa outlets will display
    After completing your search, to navigate to a 'MyPlace'... Tap the required MyPlace --> Tap the 'Drive' Icon or Tap on the 3Dot Icon, a quick menu will open with more options

PS... Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type say 'T' on the right-hand side of the Search screen will be all of your MyPlaces beginning with 'T'
    But on the left-hand side of the Search screen will be a list of your recent destinations beginning with 'T'
    Don't forget to Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    PPS... There is also a dual Icon with 3 Lines & 2 Circles...

bf5c60ee-cdb2-4ca7-bcae-a1f0f9623372.jpg
    Tap the the 3 Lines or 2 Circles to toggle between List & Map view
    Tap the Keyboard Icon to return to the Keyboard & Search menu

ATB YFM
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 377 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited August 2019
    Hi @YamFazMan ,

Many thanks for the speedy reply! :)

I didn’t know about the 3 lines and 2 circles to toggle between list and map view so that’s very useful to know, thanks. B)

However, using the menu (4 vertical dots) icon and then the search only shows the Addresses, Points of Interest, and Contacts. It doesn’t show my own saved places in My Places, nor does the search bring up anything from My Places.

What am I missing or doing wrong, I’m using iOS Go Mobile latest version. Is there a setting that I need to use?

Regards,
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,044
    Superusers
    edited August 2019
    Hi
    @PrivateerUK

Sorry when I started I clicked on the link in 'Recent Discussions' page header and never noticed the Sub forum 'Navigation App for iPhone Header'

The NAV4 & NAV5 Wi-Fi I devices was using as an example for searching MyPlaces are different to the MyPlaces on the Navigation App for iPhone :/

ATB YFM
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 377 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi @YamFazMan,

I started the thread using my phone when on holiday. I'm back now so I have access to a computer with a proper keyboard. ;)

No worries about missing that the question was about the iOS app. I will ensure that I include "iOS" in the subject line for all of my iOS app enquires from now on.

Thanks for the replies and the useful tip abut the 3 lines and 2 circles to toggle between list and map view.

Do you, or anybody else know when TomTom will add the ability to search (or sort) My Places in the iOS app?

Regards,