No GPRS on my GO 5200 — TomTom Community

No GPRS on my GO 5200

FC63FC63 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
Today I receive a brandnew TT5200 (because the former one have a battery-problem that can not be solved by TT). The new one doesn't have a GPRS-connection. I have reset everything twice, read the community-posts but no result.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,606
    Superuser
    Hi @FC63

Are you out of Wifi range.

Doug
  • FC63FC63 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Yes, I stop the wifi-connection
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,606
    Superuser
    Hi @FC63

Please advise what country you are in so can advise Customer Support details.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,997 Moderator
    Hi @FC63

Welcome to the Community! I see that you already have the incident open with support about this. I would advise you to reply back on the same incident with the SIM ID from your device and they'll be able to assist you further with this since the back-end doesn't show any SIM card details from your device. You can find this by going into Main Menu> Settings> System> About:
    fbm2czdykzec.png

Regards, lampard
  • FC63FC63 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks. I reply several times but TomTom is stil sleeping...….. I don't see a SIM-cardmumber. But several helpers from TT (telephone, chat) said Friday: I have to reset (hard and soft) and everything will be ok. I think you are right.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,997 Moderator
    Hi @FC63

If the device is connected to Wi-Fi or the PC, the SIM ID will not be visible on the device as the device will continue to use the PC/Wi-FI's internet connection. Please disconnect the device from the PC or Wi-Fi (forget the Wi-Fi on the device) and then check for the SIM ID on the device. If the SIM ID is still missing, then this device is missing a SIM and needs to be booked in for a repair to get the SIM replaced for which you need to get in touch with our support.

Hope this helps!

Regards, lampard