NAV 4 update problem on GO 6000 — TomTom Community

NAV 4 update problem on GO 6000

goldenrodgoldenrod Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited August 20 in Map installation
I recently purchased USA/Canada map and ready to download. However, the Mydrive connect asked me to update my 6000 device with NAV4. This is where the nightmare started. I started this update on August 7, 2019

Every time the MyDrive connect downloaded to 85% completion and then it will stuck there for days until I cancelled to switch to different computer or internet connection. I have emailed as well as contacted customer service and their instructions have not worked so far. The flowing is what I have done:
1. Change to a different computer (from Sony VAIO to Microsoft Surface Pro), with dedicated internet cable (downloading speed about 25 to 30Mbp).
2. Use friend’s internet (downloading speed about 25 to 30Mbp)
3. Turned off firewall and anti-virus

I am now back to Sony VAIO and still at 85% completion.

What should I do next?

Answers

• goldenrodgoldenrod Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    @YamFazMan

Thanks for such a profound information.

I am having the problem to update 6000 device with NAV4. The update stopped at 85% every time I have tried. Without update to NAV4, I cannot download the USA/Canada map.

I am using Sony VAIO with wired internet, window 10, and the 6000 does have a 16G micro disk.

The update still stuck at 85% at moment and it has been 3 days . Would you please kindly instruct me what to do next?

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,109 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @goldenrod

Welcome to the Community! I can see that your device is updated successfully with latest Map of Europe, safety camera's and latest software on it.

Next time if possible, please use wired, unrestricted Internet connection before starting the download (especially map update). .Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours then check if the download has been completed. Hope this helps!

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!