TomTom Rider 400 won't pair to my iPhone 7 — TomTom Community

TomTom Rider 400 won't pair to my iPhone 7

shousbergshousberg Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited August 20 in RIDER
I'm sure this has been asked before, but given time constraints, please indulge me. I'm trying to pair my iphone 7 with my tomtom rider 400. Keeps trying to connect but times out. Sometimes I even get a message that says it's not supported. And, what I really want to do is to load routes from the app to my device.

Please help! Thank you.

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 321 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Remove the iPhone in the Riders BT settings.
    Perform a Drum reset op the Rider.

Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.

Now all old settings are reset and you can try again.
  • shousbergshousberg Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you. Just for clarification, is the “Drum” reset the same as a factory reset? I’ve done this but will try again making sure to remove my iPhone from blue tooth settings first.
    Drum Reset = https://youtube.com/watch?v=_Gjlezrj08c

Do not forget to Reset Network Settings on your iPhone this is likely the cause of the problem. lmgtfy.com/?q=Reset+Network+Settings+on+iPhone

Thanks, but still no dice. I also reinstalled MyDrive app. Still not connecting.
    Dit you Reset the Network Settings on your iPhone?
    Yes. I saw the video on doing a software recovery that you sent. Do you think that might worth a try?
    I think not properly cleared Bluetooth Cache on the iPhone is the root cause of this problem.
    I've followed the instructions for network reset, soft and hard hardware resets, etc. Short of doing a master reset, I don't know how better to clear the bluetooth cache. I guess my next stop will be to an Apple store.

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions. Appreciate you input and time. Once I get it resolved, I'll let you know what finally worked.
    The next step is a Full Factory reset of your iPhone

Do not forget to backup your phone first.
    And a restore of all your settings can also restore the problem.
  • KruzenKruzen Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I have the same problem with pairing the Rider 400 to my drive. Just doesn't' work.
    Kruzen,
    I finally was able to get my Rider 400 to connect with my iphone. I'm not exactly sure how I got it to work, but I knew the key was to get the two connected over the internet. And once connected, I was able to activate the account. Somewhere in one of the video tutorials, it mentioned connecting via a hotspot. I set my phone up as a hotspot and I was then able to connect my Rider. Once the account was activated, I have been able to connect via blue tooth. Sometimes it takes a bit longer than others to connect, but it eventually does.

FYI, if you've reset your network connections and did a factory reset, do not keep doing it thinking it will make a difference. In fact, I don't think it made it difference even after the first time. I think this goes more to that the Rider 400 is just not a great GPS. Sorry TomTom, but I've had other issues, as well, with importing routes.

Good luck.

Steve