Petrol stations and rest areas missing on the route bar since update to v19.101 - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Petrol stations and rest areas missing on the route bar since update to v19.101

2»

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,150 TomTom Moderator
    edited June 4
    Thank you all:)

Forwarding this feedback so the team can start their investigation process.

Regards
    Vikram
  • DamageMeDamageMe Posts: 41 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Ok,
    Thank you I'm waiting the good news :)
  • TtsimkusTtsimkus Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have the same problem with route bar with last update.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,079 Superusers
    edited July 28
    Hi
    @DamageMe
    DamageMe wrote: »
    The same problem after last update with rest areas appear only the first 2 in side bar and after that don't show anymore (after I pass the 2 rest areas).Strange
    Out of interest I rolled my GO 6200 back to the previous NavKit version (Using Recovery Mode) I planned a Motorway route using the M6 in the UK and ran a Route Demo
    Unfortunately in Demo mode the Traffic Bar isn't live and Demo mode is in real time (No Speed x 200% up to Speed x 500% Like on the NAV2 & NAV3 Devices

After watching the Route Demo trundle along until boredom set in
    I counted 4 Rest Areas

I suppose the decision to roll back the NavKit depends on how important it is to have Rest Areas displayed on the Traffic Bar
    Note... As NavKit updates are mandatory you wouldn't be able to install any other updates unless you reinstalled the latest NavKit update and then you're back to square one
    On balance, I think I would use the normal 'Search' to find the Rest Areas and wait for Tomtom to fix the problem

Using Search to find Built-in 'Rest Area' POIs....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search
    Tap the whole Map Icon (Screen top right)
    Select along the route
    Type 'Rest area'
    Tap on the offered Rest Area (Top of the list screen right)
    Tap on the Keyboard Icon screen bottom right
    A list of the Rest Areas along your route is displayed
    You also have two further options.....
    After the initial 'Rest Areas' POI selection
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles

o7rx4qycdyey.jpg
    (1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a list will appear of the Rest Areas along your route in distance order
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the 'Rest Areas' along your route to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail)

Tap on a Rest Area Icon for more Info....
    81jq2f2bsp3i.jpg

Recovery Mode...
    See Tomtom FAQ.... Recovery Mode...
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898/~/navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

Recovery mode usually rolls the NavKit Back to the previous version
    Warning... I would not use Recovery Mode on just a whim... In my experience, anyone trying to activate Recovery Mode... Without a fully active connection Via a USB Cable & MyDrive Connect could have real problems....
    Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and a connection to MDC is NOT established... Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out

Try at your own risk all the normal exclusions apply

ATB YFM
  • stanislav791stanislav791 Posts: 29 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Is not the tomtom better return a previous version until it solves the problem?
    I think it's better to wait for Tom Tom staff to fix this problem.For the moment I use the search mode...but I hope they will fix this :)
  • marcoazzettimarcoazzetti Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    edited June 12
    As a bus driver, if I have a note in addition to arranging the parking areas, entering the name of the parking area, an icon like autogrill sarni gril, etc. and the type of fuel dispenser such as agip ip, etc., would be enough to see if the fuel cards are the same as those of the distributor.
    The writing is not necessary but the emblem would suffice as it has garmin.
    Hello,
    Still no update about this issue ?
    No, we're waiting
  • GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 82 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Because I'm international truck driver for me this Is serious problem... still not solved.
  • KSDKSD Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]

Does anyone know anything about solving this problem? There is no information on this subject all the time. Lack of notifications on the navigation bar during long vacation trips is troublesome.
    Hello,
    Yeah still no solved for this issue.... I don't know why TomTom tean don't investigate this... Almost 2 months pass
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,079 Superusers
  • SergiiSergii Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Good day. I have the same problem with the route bar, after the last update, I asked several more colleagues for sure everything also disappears. Riding, at first it can show everything and literally 10-15 minutes and disappears, sometimes right before our eyes. :'(
  • budgiepadlowbudgiepadlow Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    TomTom Camper. Recently the Traffic route sidebar does not update itself as I drive. Intitially it shows Fuel Stops And rest areas 35 miles ahead then it stops refreshing. Petrol stations along route/nearby are not shown on the screen map or some are shown randomly. If I cancel route then re-enter it, the side bar shows all all stations, parking ,traffic etc for the next 35 miles then nothing but speed cameras. It is not at all reassuring as I use the A12/M25 a lot and I need this info. On a recent trip to France the service stations/aires on a dozen motorways were not shown and if shown were incorrect
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,150 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @budgiepadlow

I have merged your post to an existing topic where a similar issue is being discussed.

The problem with the missing petrol stations and rest areas it related to a bug in the firmware v19.101.

Our team is making good progress so that we could have a fix for this in one of the upcoming releases.

I will add your device info. to that ticket.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks/Vikram
  • PicapiedrarosPicapiedraros Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited September 10
    I have the same problem since I updated it before the summer with the information of the bar, it only shows what is at the beginning of my route and does not update the areas and gas stations after the first 100 km or so. When he stops showing them, he entered the menu, settings, visual appearance, route bar, route information, deactivated them and reactivated them and I return to the map, so that he shows me the following areas and gas stations in the next range of about 100 km which is the range of traffic. I am a truck driver and on 800 km routes it is desperate to have to do the operation of restarting the POIs every 100 km approx.
    That the gentlemen of TomTom give solution to this fast because otherwise they will lose customers that we will look at other brands of GPS.
  • PatjepeeerPatjepeeer Posts: 65 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Could anybody from TomTom provide us with an update about this issue please ?
  • TtsimkusTtsimkus Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Today I got new software, but problem with route bar, no one solved that.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,564 Superuser
    Patjepeeer wrote: »
    Could anybody from TomTom provide us with an update about this issue please ?
    Here it is mentioned this is just a quick hotfix and the petrol station fix likely will appear in an upcoming release:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1117581/new-software-version-v19-104-available-for-download#1671355
    This is a big problem, but why don't they fix it?