Have recently purchased the Tom Tom Start 52 but have experienced difficulty with accuracy — TomTom Community

Have recently purchased the Tom Tom Start 52 but have experienced difficulty with accuracy

Having previously had a Tom Tom I replaced my old one with the 52 but when inputting some postcodes the device is not able to accurately give me a pin point destination.
For instance, the caravan site we are currently staying on was found alright with my family's sat nav but ours took us to a destination some mile or so away. Can I address this problem or do I just take it back to the retailer and swap for a reliable make?

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,213 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Hadley

The Start 52, and its similar sized Start models, have a problem with Postcodes because the only search facility has is Step by Step. This requires, after you have input the Postcode, that you then input the name of the road which in Rural areas particularly can be a problem. The other Tomtom models have 2 search methods so that you can select either Search by Step by Step or what is called Quick search. The latter does not have the problem as it will take you to the postcode centre or if you add the house number after the postcode will take you to the house.

Doug.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,213 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Hadley

The Start 52, and its similar sized Start models, have a problem with Postcodes because the only search facility has is Step by Step. This requires, after you have input the Postcode, that you then input the name of the road which in Rural areas particularly can be a problem. The other Tomtom models have 2 search methods so that you can select either Search by Step by Step or what is called Quick search. The latter does not have the problem as it will take you to the postcode centre or if you add the house number after the postcode will take you to the house.

Doug.