Clio Remote is not responding — TomTom Community

Clio Remote is not responding

KeithRedKeithRed Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
edited August 2019 in Built in car navigation
Clio Remote is not responding. Are the remote controllers prone to fail or is it more likely some other issue please?

Best Answer

Answers

• CarminatCarminat Posts: 990 [Revered Pioneer]
    What sort of remote have you got? Does it look like this? If so, have you renewed the batteries?
    [img][/img]IMG_3051_zpsww01nuho.png
  • KeithRedKeithRed Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Yes this is the remote and yes I have changed the batteries. Could it be the receiver in the dashboard I wonder?
    According to my local Renault dealer if the batteries are out of the remote unit for several minutes the remote memory will be lost and the unit will need to be matched with the car again? Does anybody have any experience in such a thing please?

On balance if this is true then the replacements offered on e-bay will not work until they have been paired with the car, yes?
    Got a friend of a friend who is going to lend me his some time soon. That may give me some positive direction. Thanks for the info this far. May have to call on you again if the saga continues. Thanks Keith
    If the saga continues long enough, my 15 year old GO520 will die (it is quite ill at the moment) and you can have my remote!
  • FortalamoFortalamo Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    I had my original remote stolen and bought a replacement off e-bay. I can't get it to operate the unit, even after replacing the batteries.
    The new (second-hand) one appears to be identical to the original. What do I have to do to pair it?
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,814 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Normally there is nothing to do after pressing any button to turn on the remote control automatically connects to your navigation system.
    The important thing is whether the e-bay one is Bluetooth. There are two remotes which look alike, one Bluetooth, the other wireless. E-Bay is not famous for identifying them.