GPRS Status shows Disconnected- GO 6200 — TomTom Community

GPRS Status shows Disconnected- GO 6200

I just purchased a GO 6200 and I cannot get traffic info on it. The traffic service is activated but the GPRS Status shows Disconnected

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,597 Superuser
    @carevica

While you are in range of your WiFi router this is true, go for a short drive and in will find traffic info if it is available in your country, which I fear is not the case see https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/live-services/europe/

Also do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
  • karel_karel_ Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem : new GO 6200 will not connect to GPRS, also not in the car and when not connected to Wi-Fi. In the car, I have to connect to my GSM data through Bluetooth to use all services.
    Any solution to force GPRS connection ?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,200 Superusers
    Call support to assist:

:flag_nl: Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1022
    Maandag t/m vrijdag : 09:00 tot 17:30
  • Jenny7Jenny7 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have lifetime Tom Tom traffic on my GO6200 but I have lost it and my GPRS status is disconnected. I’ve hunted through all the help, watched videos and tried everything suggested but nothing works. Any ideas as to what I should do now?
  • Fernando59Fernando59 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have the dame problem as Jenny7. GPRS status is disconnected and the support I get from TomTom is useless.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,357 Superusers
    edited August 10
    Hi
    @Fernando59

Are you at home and within range of you Wi-Fi ???
    Your Wi-fi will take priority for the connection to Tomtom Services & Live Traffic

If you Tap the 4Dot(…. Menu) --Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down
    Your Data Connection will show... Data Connection 'Wi-fi'

You can
    (1)… Forget the Wi-fi on the device....
    You can't actually turnoff the Wi-Fi but you can forget it, the device will still be monitoring for a Wi-Fi service but not connecting

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Wi-Fi... Tap on your Wi-Fi's Name (Screen top left)
    Tap Modify --> Forget
    Follow on-screen instructions to finish

Log back into the Wi-fi after setting seeing your GPRS (SIM) Connection

(2)... Move out of Range of your Wi--Fi the GPRS (SIM) will take priority for the connection to Tomtom Services & Live Traffic

Have you tried the GO PRO 6250 away from your vehicle in an open space
    Maybe with & without a Wi-Fi Connection

Customer services can check your GPRS SIM Status....
    Phone... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new/p1

ATB YFM
  • Fernando59Fernando59 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, @YamFazMan,

Thank you for your help. I tapped on my Wi-Fi's name, but the Forget option was not available, so I had to erase it. Now the GPRS status is connected. However, I do not understand why it did not work when I walked away from home and was out of range of my Wi-Fi.

Thank you again. I'll see if it works.

Fernando59
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,357 Superusers
    edited August 15
    Hi

The must be a different Menu structure on PRO Devices...
    vqweb1ikt8ly.jpg

vyy556szf6tv.jpg

79t1ylbnyu6n.jpg
    ATB YFM