Connection with Go Premium X — TomTom Community

Connection with Go Premium X

1. in the my drive connect i can not manage anything of my gps unit, no adding maps, no adding voice. it is a useless window
2. adding maps on the item itself it is mourning that no power cable is connected, still the display battery icon says - yes there is.
3. if all europe is installed why do i have the option to add every single european country again ?
4. where is the display status of battery capacity
5. where do i see the memory usage and where the info about additional memory cards

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,331 Superuser
    Hi and welcome to the Forum where TT users help other TT users.

1: You dont need MyDrive Connect when your device is in WIFI network.
    When your WIFI Network is acepted from your device, you can use the USB caple and MyDrive Connect. In this case, MyDrive Connect tunnels only the Internet connection to the device.
    All operations are then also carried out via the display.

2: When you connet the device with your PC, then your PC charges the device and the Batterysymbol changed tu the chareg symbol. But mostly the Pc have not enough Power to load the device.

3: There are different map extracts available. So when you dont need whole europe, you can install Deutschland, Österreich,Schweiz and you dont need much downloadvolume

4: The Battery Icon ist right on tom pf the mainmenu. The symbol changes depending on the state of charge
    full, 3/4 full, 1/2 full, 1/4 full

5: Tap Menü/Einstellungen/System/Info There you can see installed Maps, Memory Use and Firmware version

Usermanual: http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_PREMIUM/index.htm

Note: in your forum profile I saw that you come from AT, you can post here in German if it is easier for you.

Hinweis: In deinem Forumsprofil sah ich das du aus Österreich kommst, du kannst hier auf Deutsch posten wenn es einfacher für dich ist da du im Deutschsparachigem Forumsteil bist.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,969 Superusers
    Hi
    @wienonline

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices like you’re Go 520 normally update using Wi-Fi...

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi®

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on the Your Wi-fi name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wifi) devices connected over Wifi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if myDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Updating your new NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here.....
    www.tomtom.com/getstarted
    Run MyDrive Connect.....
    Note... The NAV(5 Wifi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all of the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Note... MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wifi" etc
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wifi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC TaskBar

27bxc59f2s23.png
    ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

Hinweis: In deinem Forumsprofil sah ich das du aus Österreich kommst, du kannst hier auf Deutsch posten wenn es einfacher für dich ist da du im Deutschsparachigem Forumsteil bist.

Oh. :grin: Now i see this thread was moved from the german to the english part of this forum.

To change from english to german part of the forum (or back) you can scroll down this page and change the flag to german,english or french flag
  • wienonlinewienonline Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    thank you YamFazMan and Lochfrass for your fast reply.
    i have read all the faq and manual of course. but i am missing a lot from my previous TomTomHome. most i miss the original voice of John Cleese that i can not use any more. further i was able to access internal RAM and changed my Car Icon graphics. i think i have to use mods or hacks to get control of my unit back again..(dont write about warranty loss ;-)
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,969 Superusers
    edited August 15
    Hi
    @wienonline
    wienonline wrote: »
    (Snip) I think i have to use mods or hacks to get control of my unit back again..(Don't write about warranty loss ;-)
    Glad you're sorted :)
    As far as I'm aware since the introduction of the MyDrive Connect system of updating over a secure network that Tomtom developed for the early NAV3 devices Now used on the NAV 4 & 5 devices... The system as not been cracked ???
    And I suppose since the introduction of Free & Lifetime updates there is less of an incentive to even bother....

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'