Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 100 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• acraggsacraggs Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I too am having problems with my watch losing battery life. It is not quite 3 years old and doesn't last 48hrs on standby or 5hrs on GPS mode even with syncing and heart rate turned off. I have tried a factory reset which makes no difference. Before I buy another watch, can you roll me back to 1.3.255 please?
  • ZeeKoeiZeeKoei Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    same question, battery drains in a couple of hours, charging process also seems messed up... tried everything listed above

Can a battery get killed in a couple of weeks? Imho it is a slowly dying process, no?

Would be nice if TomTom Sports would keep its core functionality up to date instead of adding 'useless' features as my fitness age & co. Hope rolling back to 1.3.255 does the trick.
  • rribaarribaa Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Could you also please roll back my firmware to 1.3.255? Thank you
  • ThangTranThangTran Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    dear @lampard
    after rolling back to 1.3.255, my spark 3 still live for 2.5 days only (without using GPS or music) after a full charge. I thought the problem come from battery, I should replace with a new battery.
    By the way, would you please help me to get the newest version on sport connect? to using full functions

Thank in advance
    Thang Tran
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,102 TomTom Moderator
    @ThangTran Done. If you now connect the watch to the computer, the latest version will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

@acraggs @ZeeKoei @rribaa This can be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version version won't help as the watch linked to your account is two plus years old. But make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Give it a test run and see this improves the situation for you!

Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

Thanks @lampard Have done a factory reset but the software is still showing as 1.7.64 in the watch settings. What have I done wrong?
    @lampard, Have done another reset and the software is back to 1.3.255. Thanks for that
  • bushmitzbushmitz Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I also have issues with battery, after upgrade.
    requesting software version rollback to version 1.3.255
    Thanks
    depleted?
    a battery that lasted for 5 days a couple of weeks later only lasts 5 hours? This smells like OS/software rather than hardware, no?
    Yes I expect from a sports watch that it stills kinda of functions after two years, at this point it's useless.
    Hope the rollback does its thing, otherwise it's goodbye tomtom :(

Hi @bushmitz

Have you tried a factory reset on your watch? Please give it a try and do the test run to see if it improves the situation otherwise I can put you on 1.3.255 version to try.

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

Hi lampard,
    have tried to factory reset, twice , actually. but no go.
    I start my run with full battery and not using the music, at all ( a shame, but need to preserve battery). after 45 minutes of run the battery is at 50% or so..
    would appreciate 1.3.255 version.
    Thanks in advance
  • eliandrotceliandrotc Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi, since having latest firmware 1.7.64 I haven't been able to sync with phone.
    requesting software version rollback to version 1.3.255
    Thanks
    @bushmitz make a factory reset on you watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

@eliandrotc There is no need to rollback for the Bluetooth pairing issues, I would advise you to start from the scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: Android/iOS

This should do the trick!

Cheers, lampard

• eliandrotceliandrotc Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    @lampard , tks for reply
    I did everything several times, not work, the watch was about 3 months stopped, when I connected into a pc, it updated and then did not work anymore ... so I think of software failure, can u put me on 1.3.255 version to try?
    sorry for my english.
    Thanks @lampard
    Will give it a go.
    factory reset and rolled back to previous version. Charged connecting to my pc, it stopped charging, checked the battery, maybe 10% charged. Connected to wall overnight, checked in the morning: almost empty, plugged it in again for half a minute: victory: fully charged. Two minutes later: battery empty sign.. but still sufficiently charged to show the empty battery for hours and hours.
    I give up. A shame for a 250 bucks device after two years. At least make the battery easily replaceable by an official one if your hardware isn't good enough.
    Hi @lampard,
    Sorry to inform you, but , version 1.3.255 did not resolve the battery issue.
    Also, I was not able to sync my activities , not connecting to PC or with an App.
    Any ideas?
  • Runner421Runner421 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited August 23
    Hello,
    I have problem with battery on my Spark 3. Please help me to roll back version for fixing battery issue.

thx
    Markus
  • Joex9898Joex9898 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I used my Tomtom Spark 3 continuously for more than a year without any issue. Yesterday, I tried to charge the device as normal, but apparently it never fully charged and (after a few seconds) shows the drain battery sign. Any suggestions?
    @Joex9898 @Runner421 Can you please first make a Factory reset in recovery mode on your watch? Once this is done, please give it a test run during the weekend and see if this improves the situation. I'll put you back on 1.3.255 version in case this doesn't help. Please take a note that with 1.3.255, you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts.

Regards, lampard

• CrashappyCrashappy Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    @lampard

I have read through several posts, done the factory resets etc, battery life is couple of hours.

Can I request that the rollback option be made available for my watch?
    It is the Runner Cardio

Thank you
    Hi @lampard,
    Still waiting to hear about what can be done.
    I've reset the watch, again, back to version 1.7.64
    awaiting your reply .
    :'(
    @Crashappy You account is linked with the 1st generation of Runner watches for which there is no way to rollback the software. Unfortunately, It might be the case of a depleted battery.

@bushmitz I see there are two watches linked to your account. The serial number ending with G01152 has the 1.7.64 version installed on it. If the version 1.3.255 didn't help then it's might've developed the battery issues with it. When you say you're not able to upload the activities, any error message you get on Sports Connect?

Regards, lampard

• CrashappyCrashappy Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Damn, pity as my wife's watch is of the same age, seen usage more often and zero battery issue
    Hi @lampard,
    Since I noticed that the watch not syncing, SN ending with G00025, I reset it and registered it under another account.
    it is syncing now, but the reset caused the software version to upgrade to version 1.7.64, and the battery issue still exists.
    so, I'm guessing it could be faulty battery or something like that.
    the other watch seems to last a lot more time.