BOUGHT A MAP AND NOT GOT IT YET — TomTom Community

BOUGHT A MAP AND NOT GOT IT YET

SPARKLESSPARKLES Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited August 9 in Map purchasing
HOW LONG BEFORE I CAN DOWNLOAD MY MAP FROM PURCHASING AS MONEY IS OUT MY ACCOUNT AND I TRAVEL AT 3PM I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE INSTANT ??????

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,935 Superuser
    Hi @SPARKLES

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard pick this up soon.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,969 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @SPARKLES

Welcome to the community!

I see that your device comes with Lifetime maps Europe. So I am unsure why you have ordered it again?

When you connect the device to MyDrive Connect it should be offered for download.

I would recommend that you contact customer service to get a refund for the recent order.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,351 Superuser
    HI and welcome to the Forum where TT Users help each others.

The status of the order must be set to "completed"
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/993/locale/en_GB

Sometimes the job was not assigned to the device. Then the support can help.
    For Support Phonenumbers you can look here:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new
  • SPARKLESSPARKLES Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    its only uk and ireland lifetime upgrades but i need europe as going to germany at 3pm. i rang for help and they told me i need a sd card because i do not have enough memory which i went out and bought and now the tom tom is telling me the memory card cannot be formatted on the device and i have to do it on a computer arghhhhhhhhhhh i have no idea what im doing :o)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,969 TomTom Moderator
    edited August 8
    Hi @sparkles

Is the map offered for download when you connect the device to MyDrive Connect?

Recently there were some changes to the Europe map which allows you to install it in zones. These zones will fit easily on the internal memory.

See the last comment on this topic-https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1660206/#Comment_1660206

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,935 Superuser
    Hi @SPARKLES

What card did you get .

You need a Micro SD Class 10 memory card either 16gb or mx 32gb to get the full European map on. If you have got an 8gb card then you should be able to download onto that one of the European Zones that meets your needs.

Doug