START 52 Updates for MapShare not offered for download- MyDrive Connect — TomTom Community

START 52 Updates for MapShare not offered for download- MyDrive Connect

M0JFKM0JFK Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited August 5 in MyDrive Connect
Purchased the START 52. All updates install with the exception of Map Share. I have done the soft reset and clearing of the cache to no avail. I tick the download, then click on update and nothing happens. Any other work arounds that I have not read in the forums...please...anyone???

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,136 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @M0JFK

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to make some changes in the backend.

Now when you connect the device to MyDrive Connect you will see a fresh map for download.

Once you install that, do a soft reset and see if you are offered any more updates.

Regards
    Vikram
  • M0JFKM0JFK Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Did that, restarted MyDrive, Synch symbol ran for about 5 seconds, came up 1 update, Map Share, Selected "download" from within the MyDrive front page, another menu opens saying Mapshare Select in a green tab, bottom right, click on it, Nothing happens. Just remains on Mapshare Selected, Return to main page and it shows one update/MapShare for download. so, no, that never worked...thanks for trying though.
    Hi @M0JFK

The team has made some changes in the back end.

Please connect your device to MyDrive Connect for these jobs to get processed and the device might reboot.

After the reboot check for updates again.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    No joy VikramK. Got to be a server Issue with that part of the update, all the other updates load, the speed cam database etc all load up, just will not take the Mapshare.
    Done a complete factory reset to eliminate the Mapshare Update. Bug in the Software problem...maybe???
    Mapshare now back on for an update and back to the same problem. Never mind, I will accept the Mapshare function is not going to be available. Thanks for all the help anyway.
    Hi @M0JFK

Thanks for trying..

I have added a smaller map of UK and ROI. Could you try installing that map and see if the updates for mapshare get installed.

Regards
    Vikram
    Now we have a bigger problem, updated with the smaller UK and Ireland Map that you suggested above, come to restart it, at first reported invalid map, now says No Maps Available, Reinstall a map you already own or go to the TomTom Shop and Buy one. If you view Maps under my Device it says UK and Ire installed, but it just loads to that screen all the time asking me to buy the Map. So sorry VikramK that failed BIG TIME...lol
    Hi @M0JFK

We have pushed some recovery jobs that will get processed when you connect the device to MyDrive Connect.

It will repair the software and remove the installed maps. You will be asked to download the map again.

Thanks
    Vikram :)
    The UK&IRE map did reinstall via the update process. At first reported a failure to update by the online software and to contact customer services, so... next, I did a soft reset and it booted back into MyDrive with the option to download the UK&ire Map. Proceeded to go through its install and after reset just went back to the...NO MAPS AVAILABLE, reinstall a map you already own or go to the TomTom Store to buy a Map, so that Idea as failed again too. At least its a different problem from the MapShare. So what next Sir?
    Hi @M0JFK

Thanks for trying the advised troubleshooting steps.

The download logs show that the map is installed but the firmware is not able to read it which makes me think that it could a problem with the internal memory.

At this point I would suggest that you contact customer service and report this.

Regards
    Vikram
    Here is an update, What I have doe is install the Europe Map, I deleted the non working map UK&Ire so that the Europe map will fit on the internal storage/memory. This is working great, with no problems at all. Will I get the exact same coverage that I would get with the specific UK&IRE map? If so, I will leave it with the European Map on the device provided all my speed camera subscriptions will work and its lifetime update? I would think the European map being bigger and requiring more memory that if it was a memory problem then surely this map would fail too...it's not, so can't be that problem. Just let me know if there is any trade off using the European map, do I lose anything and will I still get my lifetime map update? will my current speed cam subscription still work with this European Map? Is it worth trying to download the UK&IRE map but load it to a memory card?
    The Mapshare works with the Europe Map...lol Give me the option to download the UK and Ire map and I will put that on the memory card, see if that is a work around/fix for my problem with the UK/IRE map.
    Yes, I noticed that was so just after my message to you VikramK. With regards to the end results, I made the European map my default on the START 52 and then I put the UK&Ire Map onto the SD card. Both Maps are working fine along with Mapshare and my Speedcams. Just very odd that the UK and Ireland Map will work off the SD Card but not off the main device anymore...yet the bigger map of Europe will...anyway, fixed to my satisfaction, now got the Mapshare working like it should. Thanks for your help Vikram.