MyDrive connect login issues — TomTom Community

MyDrive connect login issues

meedermeeder Posts: 168 [Renowned Trailblazer]
edited July 24 in MyDrive Connect
The other thread was already closed but the issue is still not resolved for my. Every time I enter my password is blanks that field immediatly. I emptied the download folder in the MyDrive Connect settings but nothing seems to work.

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,276 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @meeder

Could you try a clear reinstall of the software and try again, please?

Regards
    Vikram
  • meedermeeder Posts: 168 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I removed the software from my PC and I have reinstalled it but still the same issue.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,374 Superuser
    Hi @meeder

In case you have not I would follow the Uninstall methodology suggested by @yamfazman in the following. This ensures you have removed all traces of the software before you reload it.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1661710/#Comment_1661710

Doug
  • dmarchantdmarchant Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I too cannot get a login on MyDrive Connect to work. Also have an older TomTom device and my login on TomTom Home 2 is also failing. Finally tried the TomTom web site and when logging into that get an page error that something has gone wrong.
    @dmarchant

Do you get any specific error when the login fails.

It would help if you could post a screen shot.

Regards
    Vikram
  • MbjozMbjoz Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I’m having this problem, cannot log in to my drive via app, definitely correct password
  • DesotoDesoto Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Same problem here. Uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller, restarted the computer, cleared browser cache, reinstalled MyDrive Connect and still stuck on login page. I too enter the correct login info and when I press enter, it reverts to the login page again.
  • stuartmillerstuartmiller Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Cannot Login to My Drive Connect - Password is correct but my drive does not open
  • JimbojimbobJimbojimbob Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I also am having the same problem of the MyDrive Connect not recognising my correct password, when I try to reset the password I just get a page error :- "Page error
    Sorry something seems to have gone wrong. The webpage you are looking for is temporarily unavailable, which may be due to planned maintenance. Please come back later." Page Error 500. I spoke to TomTom Customer care who had no idea and told me to retry to log on again in a 'short time' . 12 days later and two further messages to Customer care with no reply, I am NOT impressed with Tom Tom Customer Care. Has anyone on here got any ideas please? I have already uninstalled and re-installed MyDrive Connect, cleared caches, rebooted etc, etc. :(
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,249 Superusers
    edited July 28
    Hi
    @Jimbojimbob

On the rare occasions I have problems I Delete & Reinstall MyDrive Connect
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Un-installer Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it really does help)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Download and install myDrive Connect
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/
    DO NOT have your GO 600 connected to your PC while installing MyDrive Connect
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect
    Note... If there is more than one Update, I find it's best to do the updates one at a time

ATB YFM
    @VikramK @YamFazMan
    I did a uninstall with Revo uninstaller with a deep search afterwards, after rebooting I did a cleaning run with CCcleaner which still managed to find some TomTom entries in the registry. I did yet another reboot after that.
    After all that was done I reinstalled MyDrive connect...
    And the same is still happening, I enter my email address and my password and it immediatly comes back to the login screen. My password is entered correctly I even did a copy paste to prevent typing errors. The password is correct since I had to enter it in my TomTom Go as well a couple of times the last few weeks for some strange reason.
  • stenlannerstenlanner Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I've got the same problem on both my Mac and Windows machines. User and PW works on website but not in Mydrive.
    Pls advice how can I can get in touch with tech support or Customer Service. Is there a support category for Mydrive?
    Something has changed today... When I go to the TomTom website and try to log in it gives me this message...

jpdwpkulpiif.jpg
  • GrumpyEricGrumpyEric Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    edited July 31
    I am having the same problem as all the other posters. I have deleted the MyDrive App, re-started my computer and re-installed MyDrive. My login credentials are correct, but I still get the same error message as Meeder above. Interestingly, if I deliberately enter a wrong password, it recognises that it is not correct!!!!!
    TomTom, please sort this, it's not the first time you've dragged your heels and not communicated with your customers.
    Hello everyone,

This seems to be due to an ongoing technical issue from our end.

The team is working on it and we expect a fix to be deployed by this week or early next week latest.

Sorry :disappointed:

Regards
    Vikram
  • Cees-57Cees-57 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    since two weeks my password is not accepted and when i hit the button 'forgotten' i'm getting a error page.

removed mydrive twice en re-installed without succes...

what to do ?
    Cees-57 wrote: »
    since two weeks my password is not accepted and when i hit the button 'forgotten' i'm getting a error page.

removed mydrive twice en re-installed without succes...

what to do ?

They are working on a fix as Vikram said. It should be out early this week.
  • AdrianGasparAdrianGaspar Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Looks like it is not solved... I have exactly the same problem ;(
  • abanditabandit Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    My head is banging against a wall. I have tried via Chrome, IE, Firefox to reset my password for Connect. Each time it comes up saying there is an error and try again later. Well, I;ve tried for the last week!! I have cleared the cache etc. on all browsers. Any one else got any ideas? Thanks

Note - I've had to set up another account so I can access the forum because I can't reset my password on the account related to my device. Am slowly losing my mind :s
    edited August 7
    Hi @abandit

I have merged your post to a topic where we are discussing a similar issue.

It looks to be an issue with some accounts and as mentioned above our team is already looking into it.

The plan to deploy a fix seems to be delayed, I will keep you posted with any updates.

Regards
    Vikram
    And what is the expected timeline? In the meantime I can't update my device at all. The performance of TomTom is really letting down lately.
    @VikramK TomTom changed something which caused this issue with certain accounts. So why not revert the change which was made?
    Will the fix be released this week? This month? This year?
  • Jopi1956Jopi1956 Posts: 37 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hello,
    I'm from Germany.
    I could not log in anymore.
    It was checked and found that my account is not repairable. I had to create a new account.
    All devices had to be factory-set and re-registered. Since then runs.
    Unfortunately, the forum login had to be changed.
    edited August 9
    Hi @meeder

If the concern is just the updates then as a temporary workaround I would suggest that you create a new account (dummy)

I will help you get the device linked. This temporary fix will at least help you keep your device updated.

Regards
    Vikram
  • FidgeFidge Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm now getting this issue. When I enter the correct details it just keeps looping to enter them again and now the device is saying that it is updating, but I have no way of seeing how far the update has got, and I don't want to disconnect the device in case it screws it up.
  • mooensmooens Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited August 12
    I can't log in to TomTom Mydrive. My password is correct, but is just asked to log in again and again. I'm using version 4.2.5.3770.
    I have tried some different suggestions from the web without success.
    Best regards
    Mogens