How to stop the search bar displaying when I just use the app for current road risks not a route? — TomTom Community

How to stop the search bar displaying when I just use the app for current road risks not a route?

Duke750Duke750 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
When I use Go Navigation (IOS) for displaying current road conditions (speed limits, current speed and warnings) 1/4 of the screen is obscured by the search bar. I do not need to search for anything or a route. How do I turn this off?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,699
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Duke750
    Duke750 wrote: »
    When I use Go Navigation (IOS) for displaying current road conditions (speed limits, current speed and warnings) 1/4 of the screen is obscured by the search bar. I do not need to search for anything or a route. How do I turn this off?
    You can't turn off the Traffic Bar...
    But you can drive on the North-up Overview Planning Map....
    Tapping the Direction of travel pointer (Above the + & - signs)
    Note... The images are from a Car SatNav....
    0lk1r8wc2qzv.png
    Toggles the map view between the Driving & Planning views
    If you are using the North-up overview planning Map
    The direction of travel pointer... is flatter more squat

ATB YFM
  • Duke750Duke750 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    It does not matter which mode you are in the IOS version shows search.acyru09mozzx.png
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,699
    Superusers
    Hi
    Sorry... I was thinking you meant the Traffic Bar
    I have never even noticed the Search Bar remains active

ATB YFN
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,233
    Superuser
    Hi.

If you have the screen on with the search bar showing just tap the screen away from the search bar and the bar disappears.

Doug
  • Duke750Duke750 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks, Doug. But then the arrow/map does not follow your position. It stays locked at where you tapped.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Hi @Duke750

Welcome to the Community! You can disable the 'Online Search' from Main Menu>TomTom Services if you don't use it. The search bar on main screen won't show up if you just tap gently on the screen. This is how it looks like on my screen:
    cwiki3t1djot.png
    I hope this is what you were looking for?

Cheers, lampard