Setup: Rider 550 + iPhone5s + 20S_No turn-by-turn voice instruction when FM radio is on — TomTom Community

Setup: Rider 550 + iPhone5s + 20S_No turn-by-turn voice instruction when FM radio is on

KatsumotoKatsumoto Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited August 2019 in RIDER
Hi,
Even with the navigation app support selected on, and overlay sesitivity set high I can't seem to receive turn-by-turn navigation instructions when my FM radio is switched on.
With FM radio it works as its supposed to_so the bluatooth connection between the three-device setup should be correct.

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 545 [Revered Pioneer]
    This is a BT Headset problem.
    Many BT Headset only interrupt other audio when you use the HSP profile.

Go to BT Setting on the Rider select the BT Headset and Disable AD2P and enable HSP.

After this change i expect everything to work only HSP has a lower sound quality.
  • KatsumotoKatsumoto Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    It worked indeed thx for the suggestion.
    Voice quality is admittedly lower.
    New problem:
    Turn instruction blasts at full volume(and seems to reset automatically to full volume) with each instruction.
    FM radio kicks back in after turn instruction by repeating frequency. A Sena thing I’m sure.
    Going back to original setup.
    I swear I miss the days without cellphones and a good ole cable intercom sometimes.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 545 [Revered Pioneer]
    You can lower the volume when navigation messages are spoken on your headset.

Some headset also have an app to set the volume.