Go 520 WiFi keyboard — TomTom Community

Go 520 WiFi keyboard

When I am trying to enter an address, every time I tap a letter or number that character is entered multiple times and I have to back space and re-enter until I get it right. I got it fixed once by resetting the devise and then it started the problem all over again. Is there a permanent fix for this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,932 Superuser
    Hi @WillieOne

When the problem occurs try a Soft reset ie when the unit is on and ready to use Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go.

If doing this it resolves the problem but it returns as it has done with the Factory reset then it might be that you have to return it under warranty as faulty.

The only other thing I think you could try before that is to Recover your unit.as in the following video however I would like @VikramK to confirm that this is appropriate for your device before you try it.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

The reason I am asking Vikram to advise is that this procedure is for units that use My Drive Connect which it can be said the GO520 Wifi does but not as a necessary part of its operation.

Keep and Eye out here.

Doug
  • WillieOneWillieOne Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    The soft reset seems to be working for now. I'll keep watching. Now it's having trouble maintaining a wifi connection and syncing.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,932 Superuser
    Hi @WillieOne

Just to advise that Vikram has confirmed that the Recovery Process as per the Video in my previous post will work with a GO520. You have the My Drive Connect software open on your PC and the unit uses that for its Internal connection.

Doug
  • WillieOneWillieOne Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    After trying 2 different reset procedures, I have decided to file a warranty claim but Tom Tom makes it almost impossible to find the return process and a phone number to get authorization.

Anyone have this information?

Thanks in advance.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,968 Superusers
    edited August 7
    Hi
    @WillieOne

Tomtom Support United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices normally update using Wi-Fi...

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi®

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on the Your Wi-fi name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wifi) devices connected over Wifi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if myDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Updating your new NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here.....
    www.tomtom.com/getstarted
    Run MyDrive Connect.....
    Note... The NAV(5 Wifi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all of the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Note... MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wifi" etc
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wifi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC TaskBar

27bxc59f2s23.png
    ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'