Broken Strap Request Form Broken? — TomTom Community

Broken Strap Request Form Broken?

Ive tried multiple times to complete the Broken Strap form found here:
https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_request/locale/en_au

Each time the form fails to submit, and gives an error -
*Address is mandatory, please go to go to your Account details to update.

The address displayed by the form from my account details on Tomtom are displayed correctly as per Account Settings, Address Details.

What else can I try?

Tagged:

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,765 Superusers
    The replacement is not valid in every country and this may be it (and the message is just badly worded). Try contacting Support directly. . To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us (only available after hours) or Chat (only available in business hours in India). There is no longer phone support available for the sports lineup.

By the way the replacement is only available within your warranty period (one year for a watch, 6 months for a replacement strap) so if you are outside of that you may be out of luck.
  • chaistychaisty Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Is TomTom even trying to address this anymore? Seems like between the ongoing strap quality issues and the problems with the process for getting replacement straps (purchased or otherwise), they've just entirely punted on addressing these problems.
  • cdsmythecdsmythe Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Yep they replaced the strap no worries.
  • Laura_F18Laura_F18 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi there. I've got another broken strap and I know that I could request a new one from the website, however, what do I do when I do not have proof of purchase to attach? The form won't let me submit without a proof of purchase attached at the bottom and I don't have this as the watch was a Christmas gift from my hasband? Any ideas?
    Laura_F18 wrote: »
    Hi there. I've got another broken strap and I know that I could request a new one from the website, however, what do I do when I do not have proof of purchase to attach? The form won't let me submit without a proof of purchase attached at the bottom and I don't have this as the watch was a Christmas gift from my hasband? Any ideas?

You need to get a roof of purchase unfortunately. The straps are only warranted for 6 months so if the strap that you want to replace is older than that they will not replace it.
  • Trish_j_1969Trish_j_1969 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Even of they did send the strak less then six months aygo they wont respond :s
    Even of they did send the strak less then six months aygo they wont respond :s

TomTom Sports went out of business almost 2 year ago, ceasing all production and development and support has been drastically curtailed. Do not buy another one, it is dead inventory. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us (only available after hours) or Chat (only available in business hours in India). There is no longer phone support available for the sports lineup.