Start 62 (bought on 03/06/2019), I used it 3 times..now it does not connect anymore — TomTom Community

Start 62 (bought on 03/06/2019), I used it 3 times..now it does not connect anymore

I checked connection cables/USB = OK. re-installed, as suggested, 'MyDrive Connect'… By connecting device : on screen:Tomtom + drums, the white progressing strip stops half the line... automatic repair starts after a while… at 100% : 'no connection'. I have done the reset till black screen and white text . 3x on/out...black screen...not turning wheel appears … What else can I do ??? Impossible to send a mail via customer support... serial numbre can't be introduced (frame doesn't work) … to wich can I send the device for technical control ? Many thanks in advance...

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,203 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    HI @Jax TT Spark

Just on the off chance is the memory card a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major make of card. There have been problems with some of the more obscure makes not working properly in Tomtom units also some have got their cards from say Ebay and they are fake and cause trouble. but usually from the off.

The odd thing is why would it suddenly not work. Have you tried reformatting it to Fat32 in your PC, do a Full Format not a Quick format , and does it then seem okay again.

Doug
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,591 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Jax
    Thanks for feedback. Nice that you have found help in this Forum.

I suspect that the updates might have included a firmware update.
    From what I read I noticed that some devices have problems with firmware updates when a memory card is inserted. The memory card does not cause any problems with Map updates.

Best greetings from the sunny Germany
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Jax TT Spark

Just to add if you are in Europe and you want to update the Full European map and needed a memory card to do it then 16gb or maximum 32gb is what you will require. 8gb is to small unless you switch to one of the newly offered European Zone maps which are smaller.

Doug

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    edited July 30
    @Jax TT Spark

As you have not specified your country in your profile, please look here for a customer services support number https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new
  • Jax TT SparkJax TT Spark Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Dear Lochfrass… Bingo... Indeed I had a memory card inserted., took it out and...problem solved !! Many thanks. But how to explain that this card was inserted since installation and with use of the device without any problem… and now, out of te blue...this memory card prevent the connection ??? Due to Tomtom IT problems ?? Many thanks for your support Jax from Belgium
    Accepted Answer
    HI @Jax TT Spark

Just on the off chance is the memory card a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major make of card. There have been problems with some of the more obscure makes not working properly in Tomtom units also some have got their cards from say Ebay and they are fake and cause trouble. but usually from the off.

The odd thing is why would it suddenly not work. Have you tried reformatting it to Fat32 in your PC, do a Full Format not a Quick format , and does it then seem okay again.

Doug
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,591 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Jax
    Thanks for feedback. Nice that you have found help in this Forum.

I suspect that the updates might have included a firmware update.
    From what I read I noticed that some devices have problems with firmware updates when a memory card is inserted. The memory card does not cause any problems with Map updates.

Best greetings from the sunny Germany
  • Jax TT SparkJax TT Spark Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Dear Doug,
    Thank you for your suggestion. The memory card was a Sandisk microSDHC 8GB .
    I didn't change any specification on my PC. I suppose a change (update?) by TomTom in 'My Drive Connect' caused the problem… Anyway thanks again for your consideration.
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Jax TT Spark

Just to add if you are in Europe and you want to update the Full European map and needed a memory card to do it then 16gb or maximum 32gb is what you will require. 8gb is to small unless you switch to one of the newly offered European Zone maps which are smaller.

Doug