Servers busy and problems installing map updates mydrive connect — TomTom Community

Servers busy and problems installing map updates mydrive connect

coveyduckscoveyducks Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited July 29 in Map installation
Every time I try to update my maps I have the same problems which everyone else seems to get. Servers busy!

Last time it took 6 days to update and in the process it wiped all my maps so the device was useless.

This has been going on for over a year but TomTom dont appear to be doing anything. Do the care? I doubt it.

I was thinking of upgrading my device but now I think i will just use Waze on my phone, it's much better and easier to use!

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,400 Superusers
    edited July 29
    Hi
    @coveyducks

I have a different MyDrive Connect experience to you... I maintain 8 assorted Tomtom devices and for me MyDrive Connect works well

See Tomtom video No Maps found....

On the rare occasions I have problems I Delete & Reinstall MyDrive Connect
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Un-installer Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it really does help)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Download and install myDrive Connect
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/
    DO NOT have your GO 600 connected to your PC while installing MyDrive Connect
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect
    Note... If there is more than one Update, I find it's best to do the updates one at a time

ATB YFM
  • coveyduckscoveyducks Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Tried ringing support, they said a 10 min delay but that ended up being 41 mins, I am now on hold while they look into the problem!!!!

STILL RUBBISH
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,350 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @coveyducks

Welcome to the Community! I've removed the pending downloads on your device which was blocking the GPSfix update. Please follow the steps above (option 1) suggested by YFM to apply these changes and download the update on your device.

Regards, lampard