Toggling between night and day settings tomtom essentials — TomTom Community

Toggling between night and day settings tomtom essentials

I have the same problem and last night was familiarising myself with the Night/Day settings when the tomtom got stuck on NIGHT settings.
Tried a soft reboot - didn't work
Tried the toggle switch in settings this morning - didn't work
Only recourse was a hard re set which deleted ALL Routes and POIs etc so have spen 3 hrs re installing them via My drive on the tom tom site.
The Aut Night Day switch in settings is now set to daytime and I wont use night settings at all as they are USELESS
Conclusion
The tom tom platforms suffer from flaky software and tomtom need to address this problem
I will probably return the unit as NOT fit for purpose and suggest others do the same

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,286
    Superuser
    Hi @kevtomtom

Firstly Night and Day..There are 2 places where you can set whether or not Night settings will be displayed or not on a permanent basis.

Firstly Tap Menu (4 Dots)
    Tap settings
    Tap Display
    The Select the "Switch to night colours when dark' or deselect if that is what you want and is what I do..

The second place where you can turn Night Off or ON is if you

Tap Menu (4 dots) and there is a Moon icon bottom Right where you can turn Night Display Off or ON. This will work even if you have the option in Display turned Off as the default and is where I change mine if I need to as if you Tap menu then Tap the Night Icon the screen goes straight back to the route map screen.

Regarding the Reloading of your Poi and routes etc you should not need to do that. If you look on the My Drive Website and Log into your account there then where you have added your 3rd party POI files and any Routes you have created in My Drive and saved to the My Routes file should be visible and they should sync back to the GO Essential if you do a Reset Device and wipe them from it.

When you are in My Drive and you Click on the My Routes Icon then click on one of your Saved routes there is an option that you need to select with each route ie Sync this route as a track to my devices. If this option is not selected it will not work.

If you Click on the My Places Icon then Click on POI you will get a list of all the POI files you have added and you can delete them when you want.

Now once you have done that and put Sync as a Track to all the route files now should you do a Factory reset on the Essential which removes all those files then if you connect the Essential to the PC with My Drive Connect open all the Routes will be synced to your Essentials My Routes folder and the Favourites (My Places) and Poi files you have loaded will also be synced back to your My Places folder. Now should you be away from Home and not have a Computer with you then if you do a Factory Reset then link your Essential to your Phone as you do for Traffic I think you will find that your Files will be synced just the same except it involves the data usage on your phone it will just take a little longer.

Doug.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,733
    Superusers
    Hi
    @kevtomtom
    kevtomtom wrote: »
    I have the same problem and last night was familiarising myself with the Night/Day settings when the Tomtom got stuck on NIGHT settings.
    Looks like you accidentally set the Automatic switching of Day/Night Map colours to off ???

There's an anomaly in the Day/Night switching, where if you change the setting during the hours of darkness to off, the switching to Daytime Map colours never happens....

During the Daytime hours the the Night colours are OFF therefore the Icon is slashed through

141b2a92-6c52-4882-aa3b-faab8c911998.jpg
    Day/Night auto settings....
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Display... Switch to night colours when dark (Default ON)

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1131453/#Comment_1131453

ATB YFM

• kevtomtomkevtomtom Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks good there are helpful people out there
    thanks
    Kevin
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,733
    Superusers
    Hi
    @kevtomtom

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
    ________