When pairing Spark watch with Motorola Z3, App asks for turning on location? — TomTom Community

When pairing Spark watch with Motorola Z3, App asks for turning on location?

Milan73Milan73 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have recently bought a Motorola Z3 and wanted to pair it with my TomTom Spark (which worked perfectly with my old Motorola Z). Every time I select add new device in the Sports app, I select watch and then the app asks to turn on the location services on the phone. I click on yes, get redirected to the android menu security and locations. This happens even if the locations are already on. So I restart the app and retry and again I get the message to turn on locations. Tried to remove and reinstall the app. Removed the watch from the BT list. Performed factory settings on the watch and still the problem persists. Can somebody help?

Best Answer

• Milan73Milan73 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Finally I got it resolved. The solution was that although the location services were on they were put into a limited economy mode, which was not accepted / recognised by the app. As soon as I set the services to normal all went very smoothly. 1,5 hours of my life was gone though with this :-)

Answers

• Milan73Milan73 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Finally I got it resolved. The solution was that although the location services were on they were put into a limited economy mode, which was not accepted / recognised by the app. As soon as I set the services to normal all went very smoothly. 1,5 hours of my life was gone though with this :-)