device says outdate — TomTom Community

device says outdate

19Machay19Machay Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
Sometimes when I switch on my device, ( total get larger) it says ; MAPS ARE 99 MONTHS OUT OFF DATE.
Even though kept up to date through TOMTOM?
Is there a fix for this?

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,365
    Superusers
    Hi
    Wich Map version have you on your device?
  • 19Machay19Machay Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, thank you for reply.
    Map version is WESTERN EUROPE v870.3404, Release date 4/2011.
    Just checked device and now shows 114 months out off date,
    yet just updated in last hour through tomtom page?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,214
    Superuser
    edited July 2019
    Hi @19Machay

If your map had been updated it would start 1030 which is the latest edition and would be dated around April this year.

Usually Tomtom units sold at that time required you to pay for updates ,often on an annual basis, if you wanted them to be up to date. Some units were sold with Lifetime updates and if that was the case with your unit then Tomtom wouldd still be honouring it. Some Via 125's have been declared obsolete and unless you have lifetime maps or a currently valid subscriptions for map updates or live services then no more support is being offered for the units.

When you say you you have updated the unit what updates were offered as it looks very unlikely there has been any update on the map for the last 8 years. Was there a software update, a map update a map share update or. a live services update?

Doug
    As far as I know, it was a map update, and share update.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,365
    Superusers
    I think you should call support. They can tell you if your device has lifetime maps or not.
    For Support scroll down this side and klick on "contact us" or have a look to this side
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new#latest
    Thank you